« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2020, 18:35:50 PM »
WOWZER!!!!

Are you pleased ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

Re: Longarm...
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 18:52:23 PM »
It looks amazing!   :D
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 19:25:39 PM »
WOWZER!!!!

Are you pleased ???

I need to pick it up next week...

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 19:33:26 PM »
Wowzer indeed, what the heck is that machine?
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

CraftyIrish

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2020, 19:44:29 PM »
How much does it cost to get your quilts done. I was looking into it here where I live and it was costing €100 or more.
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2020, 20:09:55 PM »
Yup ... around £125 for a twin/double

Efemera

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2020, 20:25:01 PM »
£145 for a single.. that includes the wadding. I’ve never had one done before but I didn’t want to do this one myself.

CraftyIrish

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2020, 21:12:49 PM »
Omg  :scream: no way thats the cost of making a quilt or 2. So far i have just been doing straight lines quarter inch from the ditch, it is hectic doing it on my heavy duty singer  but I hope to learn how to do free motion quilting.
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2020, 08:16:00 AM »
Sometimes the Quilts are just beyond my capability to quilt, usually due to sheer size so long arming is the only way to go

There is an excellent longarmer here in DDD (Corfe Mullen/Poole) called Andrew Whittle  who operates from a studio in his home. He is reasonable and quick ... He LA'ed The 100 shades for me last year

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

and The Whale which was my ex-niece Lucias birthday present a few years ago

This is a vid of Matilda quilting the Whale ...

« Last Edit: October 04, 2020, 08:18:14 AM by Iminei »

Flobear

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2020, 09:17:41 AM »
A novice-type question (although I officially started year 2 in the Dark side on Friday 2nd  :ninja: ) .
Does the long arm machine have a choice of designs and you pick one? I presume you have some sort of choice in the matter  :[
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Efemera

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2020, 09:40:51 AM »
A novice-type question (although I officially started year 2 in the Dark side on Friday 2nd  :ninja: ) .
Does the long arm machine have a choice of designs and you pick one? I presume you have some sort of choice in the matter  :[

There’s hundreds to choose from.. I chose cotton seed
Mine is just edge to edge, custom quilting is a whole other ball game... and so much more expensive.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2020, 10:42:34 AM »

Lots of potential choices depending on the quilter. If it's a computerized machine like a Gammill with a Statler Stitcher there's 1000 designs you can buy and use in different sizes. There's free motion, using a Pantagraph and customized fancy quilting. All come at different prices and skill levels.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Sewingsue

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2020, 10:43:39 AM »
Many years ago we had a QS here with a classroom and a longarm. They did quilt for customers or you could learn to use the machine and rent time on it.

Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

twopence

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2020, 10:46:46 AM »
I would love to be able to use a long arm by renting time on one.  When I’ve used one at shows it always seems so right.

Near here we have Marmite John who was on Kirsty’s Christmas show one year and several others including Ferret who will long arm a quilt for you as well as taking it to The Bramble Patch.  I’ve not tried any of them yet but may do.