The Sewing Place

I need Jersey for a toile

sewingj

I need Jersey for a toile
« on: October 04, 2020, 14:23:17 PM »
I`m going to make a tunic from this
https://www.stoffstil.co.uk/fabrics/jersey/cotton-jersey/organic-st-jersey-dusty-heather-w-birds

I haven`t used the pattern before and need to make a toile - hopefully wearable but don`t want to spend much incase it is a disaster.  Any ideas for suppliers?  I`ve had very cheap jersey from Ebay before but it`s more lightweight and stretchy than my final fabric.  I`m hoping to get it out of 2 metres

Lachica

Re: I need Jersey for a toile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 15:02:10 PM »
I was going to suggest some of the destashing groups on FB but I see your (beautiful) fabric is 385gsm92/8 and most of the fabrics offered in these groups is 95/5 and around 200gsm. So not sure whether they'd do the job. I've had good quality jersey from pepe_monty on eBay at, I think, £7/m delivered but it's not anywhere as thick as yours.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Puzzler

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 15:22:52 PM »
That's beautiful fabric @sewingj. Are you on FB? Perhaps Immanuels has some heavier weight jersey.

sewingj

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2020, 15:24:35 PM »
I`ve found some on ebay - £5.99/m.  I don`t think it will be the same weight but it should give me a rough idea of the sizing.  If it is ok I might give the toile some short sleeves and keep it until next summer

@Puzzler - no I`m afraid I don`t do facebook

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 15:30:26 PM »
Try Pound Fabrics...