The Sewing Place

Jones 553 sewing machine

Lilian

Re: Jones 553 sewing machine
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2021, 11:52:36 AM »
An update on this machine.  I am still waiting for it to come back from testing.  I had a call last week to say it is back.  I went to see it and when they opened the case it was a very rough looking Singer!  They are chasing it up but I feel it has gone forever :(
« Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 14:04:42 PM by Lilian »
Willing but not always able :)

Elnnina

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2021, 13:09:37 PM »
Lilian that has certainly taken its time to be PAT tested - why such a long time, I thought in your earlier post it was to be two weeks and that was back in October.  Okay I know we have had two lockdowns since but surely some people must have been working.

With regards to the machine sent back being the wrong one, at least you have photos on here of the one you were interested in - so what is the shop going to do about this?  I do hope for your sake that they can find the missing machine and all its bits and bobs.

annieeg

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2021, 13:54:33 PM »
I think it's very pleasing to look at.  It looks extremely capable.   :thumbsup:
I agree - it looks very attractive.

Lilian

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2021, 14:07:11 PM »
@Elnnina  I have sent the photo to the shop manager and she has passed it on (hopefully) they have also rung round the other shops but nobody has it :S

Elnnina

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2021, 15:00:03 PM »
Lilian that is appalling, I do hope you had not paid any money for this in advance.  That is certainly no way to run a business even if it is a charity shop.  So the person who sent this machine back to your charity shop what does he have to say for the mishap?

Lilian

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2021, 17:40:10 PM »
She told me that electrical that need PAT testing are sent to their central warehouse and the man comes in to test them when there are at least 15 items. She also told me they had some beautiful lamps that a customer wanted and they never came back.  I am wondering if there are some people snatching the good items.  I can understand that with a big warehouse it could be daunting to find one particular item.  I will send them another photo that show the case the machine was in in an effort to make it easier to identify.  I am quite annoyed at this as I haven't found another Jones 553 anywhere   :(