The Sewing Place

Problem: Rejecting password

Marniesews

Problem: Rejecting password
« on: March 02, 2017, 11:58:32 AM »
I'd not received an email following my registration late last night so thought I'd try to login anyway and here I am but, when I try to change my profile using the same password that has logged me in, my changes are rejected saying the passwords don't match. I'm puzzled.

I've tried it a couple of times but getting the same issue. Hopefully an admin can help me out.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Francesca

Re: Problem: Rejecting password
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 11:59:53 AM »
I'd not received an email following my registration late last night so thought I'd try to login anyway and here I am but, when I try to change my profile using the same password that has logged me in, my changes are rejected saying the passwords don't match. I'm puzzled.

I've tried it a couple of times but getting the same issue. Hopefully an admin can help me out.

Hmm, I'm guessing you are typing them very very carefully to make sure they match?

Could you try adding a simpler password to make sure it's 100% matching? And then try your selected password again.

If the issue persists please come back and let me know :)

Marniesews

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 12:30:25 PM »
Yes, I've typed it several times and also cut and pasted from a temporary note I'd made of it.

One thing I was unsure of is that I seemed to have to type it in two places, one part way down just below where my existing password (or the blobs anyway) were already entered and then again at the bottom as verification. I tried just typing at the bottom as well but got the same result saying passwords don't match. I've posted and added an avatar successfully so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  -<

I'll pop off and have another go...
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Francesca

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 12:37:15 PM »
Copy and pasting does not work on obscured fields so I'm afraid doing that won't help (browser security thing to stop you copying a hidden password field and then pasting is elsewhere!)

There are three fields on the page but do not put the same password in all three!

The first two fields are for your new password. The final field is your existing password. Clear all three fields before you start, don't rely on auto fill.

Marniesews

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 13:12:32 PM »
Done it! This laptop has an annoying CapsLock - very sensitive & easily turned accidentally but doesn't have an indicator to show its on. :angry: It's a problem I know about and usually check it (which I did today, just in case). Looks like it double bluffed me!  :angry:  :angry:

Fortunately my husband showed me how to check passwords used in preferences and there it was! Can't replace the laptop yet as it's ok in most other respects and he's just replaced his but perhaps I should remove that CapsLock key.  :[

Thanks for your help - apologies for the unnecessary bother!

Francesca

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 13:37:57 PM »
Glad you got it sorted!