The Sewing Place

Bernina DCC009 funlock

annieeg

Bernina DCC009 funlock
« on: October 06, 2020, 16:59:39 PM »
this might be of interest to @Gernella (and possibly @TartanPaint).
Someone (sorry - can't remember) suggested using Polyarn in the looper threader and I must say that - so far - its worked a treat.
I've attached the hemming guide for the cover stitch and felt really grown up because it involves screwing a piece to the cover plate and following instructions to put the pieces together :)
The machine is stitching well and is not skipping stitches and so far I've had no problems with breaking thread. 
Its early days, but it seems I may have reaped the reward of persistence by not giving up with it, and taking learning from the knowledge of the TSP'ers :D
Photos  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]   attached
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 17:06:55 PM by annieeg »

TartanPaint

Re: Bernina DCC009 funlock
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 22:15:35 PM »
@annieeg

That is a beautiful looking stitch. It I've absolutely no idea what I'd use it for. I've no ability or will to make knickers, swimwear or dance wear which is about all I can see they're used for. Still tempting though.

Stop it!

:)
"....I had a feeling you were up to mischief, now behave yourself...."

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2020, 09:24:06 AM »
T-shirts, sweatshirts, rugby shirts, @TartanPaint !!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2020, 09:38:17 AM »
Lovely stitch @annieeg, love that fabric as well. 

Unfortunately I have lost the will with it, because I had another one that that was easy peasy to use.  When it arrived the fabric to show it off was a piece of woven fabric, not jersey, which seemed odd.  It was no fun to use or try to use, although it did sound nice.  When you look at the Bernina box it came in it looked like it had been around a bit and the manual had the look of being in a damp place for some time.

I have seen on Pattern Review since that there were a few problems with some machines, maybe this is one.  if I didn't have another machine I might have had another go with it but the urge has long gone. 

Bernina machines normally come with Mettler thread in although the overlocker is not snooty about any decent thread.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

So Chic

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2020, 12:37:07 PM »
Looks great and I like the fabric
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

TartanPaint

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2020, 12:50:15 PM »
T-shirts, sweatshirts, rugby shirts, @TartanPaint !!

@Acorn

You stop it too!

:laughing:
"....I had a feeling you were up to mischief, now behave yourself...."

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 12:53:38 PM »
Anything that needs a hem @TartanPaint and chain stitch is good for tacking.   ;)

Kenora

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 13:54:00 PM »
It might have been me @annieeg who mentioned Polyarn. I use it in the loopers of my coverstitch but I can't remember if I posted about it on here. (I think I did but my brain's mush these days). :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

wrenkins

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 07:32:38 AM »
That is a beautiful looking stitch. It I've absolutely no idea what I'd use it for. I've no ability or will to make knickers, swimwear or dance wear which is about all I can see they're used for. Still tempting though.

What have you got against knickers???  :o
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!