The Sewing Place

Craftsy membership offer

dolcevita

Craftsy membership offer
« on: October 08, 2020, 10:51:46 AM »
One of my sewing friends alerted me to an extremely good value offer for an annual premium membership with Craftsy. They gone through some problems recently with various takeovers and customer service difficulties, but if you're new to them (or don't have a current membership), it's an excellent online resource. The premium membership is normally $80 per year and the offer price is $5 for the year. It's not just sewing - there's knitting, decorating, painting, cooking, etc.

You do need to use facebook to get hold of the offer, although when I went through it did apply a particular coupon code. I can't use it yet as I've bought classes from Craftsy in the past and they automatically gave me a premium membership until 16th October. If I can get a good price, I will renew then as I haven't had a subscription in the past and there are some classes that OH would like to use.

It seems that to get the code/invitation, you need to look at Craftsy via FB; you probably won't see any offer (I didn't) but then the following day, it will appear in your feed. I looked yesterday and found nothing but had the offer today.

If you already have an account with them, or a taster membership in my case, you won't be able to renew until your current one expires.

UttaRetch

Re: Craftsy membership offer
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 11:52:36 AM »
I've seen this.  I was briefly tempted but ultimately, it's not something I need.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 12:19:38 PM »
Seems very good value.  Evidently my membership expires 16th October too!  Thanks for that.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 18:18:47 PM »
The offer runs out soon and the code you need is: a24127

I tried it and it worked and it looks pretty good.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 09:28:33 AM by WildAtlanticWay »

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 22:03:10 PM »
Thanks @WildAtlanticWay just done it and it works fine on their website. 

Sewingsue

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 22:35:30 PM »
Thanks @WildAtlanticWay
I just remembered to sort this before the code ran out and it worked. Now I have a year to decide if subscribing will be worth it.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Vezelay

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 15:01:30 PM »
For $5 (£3.80) I couldn't really resist this. Thanks for the thread @dolcevita and for the remnder and working link @WildAtlanticWay  . No chance I'll be paying full price though ($80) so I'll cancel the automatic renewal and put a reminder on my phone to let them know a few days before it comes round.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 10:15:55 AM by Iminei »

Vezelay

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 22:47:42 PM »
I emailed Craftsy to cancel my automatic renewal and I've just had confirmation of this back from them and I see my card details are no longer held there. I really don't want any surprises and I have to say I'm pleased by their speed in dealing with my request.

Just posting this in case it prompts any one else to do the same

Puzzler

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 08:07:23 AM »
This is exactly what put me off taking advantage of the offer. Good for you, @Vezelay.

Sewingsue

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 09:36:30 AM »
Thanks for the reminder. I have just sent my email and await as speedy a reply as you had.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 11:35:42 AM »
I just changed the expiry date of my card to before it's due to renew, but will also email them, thanks @Vezelay .

Sewingsue

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2020, 18:58:33 PM »
Got my renewal cancellation acknowledgement.

Acorn

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2020, 15:30:59 PM »
I've just been offered a year's membership for $2.49!  Can someone tell me which email address you used to cancel the automatic renewal?  The T&Cs give a phone number but no email address.

There's no sign of the fabric shop reopening.   :'(
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Acorn

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2020, 15:41:51 PM »
OK - no problem, I've found the email address on the blurb above the credit card details.   :thumbsup:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Marniesews

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2020, 16:50:56 PM »
I saw the $5 subscription offer on facebook but it kept taking me back to my old membership without the offer. It rather annoyed me as I'd never had a subscription, only bought 'forever' classes and hadn't registered after the relaunch to get the free 45-day offer either as I'd downloaded my bought classes just before Bluprint expired and was busy with other sewing. Nevertheless I was considered to have an account :headbang:

Then it occurred to me that I might be able to take advantage of it using my home email and that worked just fine.  :) I've left multiple reminders next November to stop my automatic renewal together with a screenshot of the details how to do it!

I've started watching the dolls clothes lessons, not because I feel I need it but because they outline the difference between the 18" dolls - useful for patterns designed for different brands and knowing beforehand which may need some tweaking, as well as the ideas on mini fasteners and simplified techniques for my giant hands sewing tiny things. Some fun sewing coming up even though it won't make a big hole in the stash.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.