Craftsy membership offer

Ohsewsimple

Re: Craftsy membership offer
« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2021, 11:29:13 AM »
I haven’t had an offer at all !   :laughing:

realale

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2021, 13:21:19 PM »
I've had a repeat offer today on the 'can't be repeated offer'. Still $1.99. Hang on in there, they gradually reduced the price over time. Do you think if I wait long enough they'll pay me to rejoin?!!  :P
So many beers, so little time.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2021, 13:47:43 PM »
I think the best offer I've had these last few days has been something like $13.99 - but I haven't always opened the emails.
Like others, I got a very cheap offer last year but never found anything of interest, so won't bother again.

Celia

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2021, 16:48:43 PM »
Me too, almost forgot I was a member

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2021, 09:21:38 AM »
Oooh, I've had an offer for $2 today - should I??

Acorn

« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2021, 09:53:12 AM »
Mine's down to $13 - for something they're calling 'Craftsy Gold'.  I think the previous offers were for 'Craftsy Premium'.  I think the premium one was $80 full price.  Craftsy Gold seems to be $149 full price.

They're just confusing me now.   :facepalm:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2021, 13:07:45 PM »
@Acorn and others, the gold isn't worth the extra money. You get to pick 8 classes to keep and 10 patterns but they aren't the regular classes. It's a short list of 50 mostly knitting or cake decorating related. At first all they provided was the name of the classes and a photo. Now they have descriptions and some teachers names. Patterns are mostly  knit/crochet, quilt or again, cakes. Most look like the freebies you get on ravelry or various blogs.

@Bodgeitandscarper for that price of course you should! If you only watch one class it's worth that price.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Acorn

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2021, 14:25:13 PM »
Thanks @Renegade Sewist.  I think I'll hang on until they offer me something for <$3 - and I really won't mind if they don't!

Kitten

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2021, 16:33:24 PM »
I've not had any offers and when I checked when my current membership expires I saw it said it was auto-renew - so maybe you need to check.
I e-mailed them to cancel the auto-renewal and got an e-mail with a special price of $79.99, if I change my mind.

Ellabella

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2021, 16:44:24 PM »
I cancelled my auto renewal three months ago, it is due next week.  If they offer me a silly price I may take it, but it will have to be very silly.

Acorn

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2021, 17:37:38 PM »
Yes, I cancelled my auto renew as soon as I'd paid last year's fees.

Helen M

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2021, 18:20:37 PM »
I've not had any offers and when I checked when my current membership expires I saw it said it was auto-renew - so maybe you need to check.
I e-mailed them to cancel the auto-renewal and got an e-mail with a special price of $79.99, if I change my mind.

I cancelled my auto renewal in June I think and got a similar email, I can't remember the amount though. I've not had any further enticements......
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2021, 05:32:04 AM »
I noticed yesterday that I hadn't canceled the auto renewal yet for next year. Oops. I'll remedy that. Maybe that will elicit a screaming offer from them. I'd go $20. I watched enough this year to justify that much. But I need to go select my own forever classes and patterns. My renewal date is Dec 31st.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Acorn

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2021, 22:54:04 PM »
And my offer's down to $2.49.  But apparently for today only.  I had the email at 7pm, so I'll assume I can think about it until tomorrow - although I'm out for most of the day and evening... wonder whether they'll extend it...

William

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2021, 15:07:49 PM »
I have had it for quite a few months now and have been using it. My offer was 3€ for the year and i would say that it has been worth it. Would i re-up for 79,90? No, but certainly for another 3€.
The classes have been largely informative and worthwhile, but a number of the classes no longer have the class materials ready to download.

For me personally, the videos are 50% info, 50% entertainment.

That being said, the info i could probably find just as well on YouTube without the fee...

WD
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.