The Sewing Place

Craftsy membership offer

dolcevita

Craftsy membership offer
« on: October 08, 2020, 10:51:46 AM »
One of my sewing friends alerted me to an extremely good value offer for an annual premium membership with Craftsy. They gone through some problems recently with various takeovers and customer service difficulties, but if you're new to them (or don't have a current membership), it's an excellent online resource. The premium membership is normally $80 per year and the offer price is $5 for the year. It's not just sewing - there's knitting, decorating, painting, cooking, etc.

You do need to use facebook to get hold of the offer, although when I went through it did apply a particular coupon code. I can't use it yet as I've bought classes from Craftsy in the past and they automatically gave me a premium membership until 16th October. If I can get a good price, I will renew then as I haven't had a subscription in the past and there are some classes that OH would like to use.

It seems that to get the code/invitation, you need to look at Craftsy via FB; you probably won't see any offer (I didn't) but then the following day, it will appear in your feed. I looked yesterday and found nothing but had the offer today.

If you already have an account with them, or a taster membership in my case, you won't be able to renew until your current one expires.

UttaRetch

Re: Craftsy membership offer
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 11:52:36 AM »
I've seen this.  I was briefly tempted but ultimately, it's not something I need.
What goes around comes around.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2020, 12:19:38 PM »
Seems very good value.  Evidently my membership expires 16th October too!  Thanks for that.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2020, 18:18:47 PM »
The offer runs out tomorrow and the code you need is: a24127

I tried it and it worked and it looks pretty good.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2020, 22:03:10 PM »
Thanks @WildAtlanticWay just done it and it works fine on their website. 

Sewingsue

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 22:35:30 PM »
Thanks @WildAtlanticWay
I just remembered to sort this before the code ran out and it worked. Now I have a year to decide if subscribing will be worth it.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Vezelay

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 15:01:30 »
For $5 (£3.80) I couldn't really resist this. Thanks for the thread @dolcevita and for the remnder and working link @WildAtlanticWay. No chance I'll be paying full price though ($80) so I'll cancel the automatic renewal and put a reminder on my phone to let them know a few days before it comes round.