The Sewing Place

Craftsy membership offer

Acorn

Re: Craftsy membership offer
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2021, 22:19:34 PM »
I took out membership when it got down to about $2.99, and emailed straight away to say that I didn't ant to renew automatically, so would they remove my credit card details.  They replied remarkably quickly, and did just that - I could see that they had gone when I logged into my account.

I think someone ( @Bodgeitandscarper ?) also changed the expiry date of their card in their account in case they didn't get around to removing the details quickly enough.

I haven't watched any videos - video classes are not really my thing - but I have downloaded a number of patterns that go along with the classes!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2021, 10:01:51 AM »
Yes, that was me, but I did also recently email them to ask for it not to be renewed, and they replied very quickly as I recall.

I've not actually found anything of any use on there yet...

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, and I hate watching videos too, but it seems to be too much trouble for people to actually write down instructions for things these days.

UttaRetch

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2021, 10:52:29 AM »
I flagged all Craftsy's bugging emails as spam and that is where they go without bothering me.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2021, 12:34:48 PM »
I keep mean)nag to watch some more of Alison Smith's Tailoring before my offer runs out.  But always find something else to do.   :thinking:

Sewingsue

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2021, 10:08:24 AM »
I have just received an email from Craftsy offering me Premium membership at a discount if I rejoin.
25% off so only £44.45 for the first year.

Now I did join for the first year - but just realised that I have never sat down and watched the classes I already saved.

With so much available via other sources I think I will save my money.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.