The Sewing Place

Craftsy membership offer

Acorn

Re: Craftsy membership offer
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2021, 08:58:24 AM »
I'm down to $2.25 now - and I think I will give in gracefully...  :laughing:  I would have accepted the previous offer ($2.49) but it was only available for a day and I was busy.

It's worth the $2.25 for the downloadable course materials, even if there are only a few interesting ones.

I just wish they'd reopen their shop!!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Acorn

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2021, 09:05:49 AM »
BTW, I think the $2.25/$2.49 offer is available to everyone - try this link if you're interested. 

Celia

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2021, 11:18:49 AM »
Mine runs out next week so I will wait and see, the last offer I had was some like §75

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2021, 05:15:33 AM »
Buyer beware!  I canceled on the website but apparently that doesn't work. Tried that again today and got a small warning that it didn't work.

But, my membership goes to the 31st of December. So why did they automatically renew it on the 28th?  Nothing in the terms of service to indicate they would do that early. Not pleased. Can't even find out what I was charged. No mention anywhere in my membership stuff and of course my banks system is down at the moment with a glitch so no luck there either.

To top it off I called Craftsy. Ha! Open from 8-4:30 Central time, closed 12-12:30 for lunch. My time zone that's 6 AM to 2:30 PM.

Current Mood:   :ninja:  :rant:  :xelf: :xelf: :xelf:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Iminei

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2021, 09:39:20 AM »
my membership goes to the 31st of December. So why did they automatically renew it on the 28th? 

Maybe because of the banking hours?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Helen M

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2021, 10:12:30 AM »
It's not just Craftsy who renew a few days ahead of renewal date. The driver update part of an antivirus program that I use the paid for version of does the same. Also I think Threads magazine does the same, but it's been a while since I subscribed to it. I find it annoying to say the least!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2021, 11:27:02 AM »
my membership goes to the 31st of December. So why did they automatically renew it on the 28th? 

Maybe because of the banking hours?

No @Iminei . US company,  US consumer the banks would process it regardless. It turns out, after corresponding with Customer Disservice and having found the fine print hidden information that Craftsy puts it through 10 days in advance as a convenience for the customer. Yeah right. Multiply that by how many renewals and they are using other peoples money. The charge cleared my bank back on the 23rd. I only saw that yesterday after confirming my balance prior to paying bills. I had several recent charges and payments for almost the same amount. They are going to refund it several days after the New Year's holiday per Disservice. But I was chastised by Sarah, told I had agreed to it electronically when I subscribed and she almost gleefully offered to extend it for a mere $79.99. Silly girl. OH might be signing up for the cooking and woodworking classes.  :laughing:

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2021, 21:23:20 PM »
Just spoke with my Bestie who I talked into into subscribing to Craftsy last year. She also got renewed although she also thought that she had previously canceled it. She's emailing them right now.

We were going to pick a class every month and do that together. Lasted for January,  a container gardening class. I learned a lot!  By March I had all the right containers for my purpose as well as soil etc. So I'm all set for 2022.

Marniesews

« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2022, 00:35:35 AM »
If anything they were a bit over zealous in cancelling mine.

I emailed several weeks ahead (just in case it took a while to take) and they cancelled it at least two weeks before it was due!  0_0 Not complaining though and I'm actually thinking of applying for another year at the $2.49 offer.  I've at least 8 months to catch up on when I'd forgotten I had it last year. ;)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2022, 13:53:11 PM »
I just had one of those generic Craftsy adverts on Facebook, offering a year for $2.49 for the year.  I think maybe they are struggling to get people to join at normal price and then get you the following year for the full amount when you don't click the necessary box!
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2022, 14:57:16 PM »
One thing I had found is that the unsubscribe button frequently doesn't work. If you aren't paying close attention you might miss that minor detail. Then you need to call or email instead.

Acorn

« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2022, 12:05:11 PM »
Craftsy have been swamping me with emails offering to upgrade me to 'Gold' membership for $9.  I'm not interested.  Today they have made me one final, lowest ever offer... for a 'very limited time' they are offering me the chance to upgrade for... tada... $8.99!!   :laughing:

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2022, 12:07:36 PM »
Wow, that’s a real bargain! :dance:

Lachica

« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2022, 13:10:05 PM »
Ooh, just think what that extra cent will buy  :D
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

ClareInStitches

« Reply #74 on: November 01, 2022, 15:09:39 PM »
My credit card company blocked a payment to Craftsy, today. It seemed suspicious to them. I'm glad that they did, because Craftsy wanted to renew my membership 10 days early for US$ 107.99, the equivalent of £94.11. Wow!  >:)

I am bored with Craftsy and didn't want to renew anyway.

I did the online chat with a Craftsy helper, asked her to cancel my membership and delete my card details. She assured me that I was valued and offered me a renewal for $15. for 1 year!!!

My answer was still, No, Thank You.