The Sewing Place

Friday 9th October

Silver Rose

Re: Friday 9th October
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2020, 11:58:17 AM »
Good news that The Mei has eaten something and her tummy is working OK @Iminei , it is such a worry when pets are poorly. I hope she continues to improve.
The sun is still shining and I have been sewing, first time for ages, sleeves next.
Still learning

Elnnina

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2020, 12:01:54 PM »
Imi excellent news on Mei, do hope she likes her new bed, how kind of KayK to send this to you.  Now stop worrying and enjoy your weekend.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2020, 12:15:33 PM »
Lovely and sunny this morning.  Dinner is easy as we got an M&S meal deal from Ocado.  So long since we’ve had one as they closed the shop we used to use near my mum and I can’t always be bothered to go to the enormous branch 6 miles away. 

So after spending 5 minutes sorting dinner we made the most of the nice weather and went down to the sea for a walk.  Very nice.  I think we got back before it got too busy.  And I shall be sewing this afternoon. 

maliw

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2020, 12:22:17 PM »
Good afternoon, sunny but cold with a few showers.
Out earlier for a walk and called at DS's to do a drop off, he decided to walk home with us - at a distance. We don't see them much at the moment, thanks to lockdown and they don't see anyone either as they are working from home.
I could have driving lessons, go to a pub/ restaurant (for now) but I can't see family - really :angry: :angry:
I'm off to sulk, bye all.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Nevis5

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2020, 12:59:01 PM »
Hi all!  It was lovely and sunny earlier but has clouded over now.  Chilly though.  I'm going to have to dig out my winter woollies this weekend and inspect for naughty moth holes I think. 

I've been out to the hairdressers which was lovely  :loveit:  I so enjoy my trips there as they are all so friendly and jolly - we had a good giggle through our masks.  And my hair looks good too  ;)

Lunch done so I'm off back to the sewing room to finish off DD's tunics.  Was a tad miffed to discover that one of them which I'd pressed and hung on the back of a door to percolate for a while has now got a dropped hem on one side.  Sigh.  So now I'll have to unpick it, re-hem it and try again.  Grr.

So glad the Mei is feeling better, @Iminei xxx

Have a great afternoon everyone xxx

UttaRetch

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2020, 13:20:16 PM »
@UttaRetch  - what's happened to the dressing gown project?
I'm trying very hard to get is done and have bought more fabric, BUT I may have to salvage what I can because I cannot make head or tail of some of the instructions.  A fudge may be the way to go.
What goes around comes around.

CraftyIrish

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2020, 14:37:37 PM »
 :faints: I'm so tired I could just  cry right now. Anyone else ever get like that.
Stitch a long
 Battle of the bulge
Start weight 13st 8.5

UttaRetch

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2020, 14:42:43 PM »
Quite often and have considered getting a doctor's appointment.  I also break out into sweats even though I am post-menopausal.
What goes around comes around.

Elnnina

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2020, 15:09:59 PM »
We received a telephone call yesterday afternoon from our daughter saying that her son (our grandson) had been sent home from school, in fact the whole of his year, as four children had tested positive for Covid, and thus he now has to self isolate for 14 days, and that means he has to stay in his own home and not go and visit his father.  There was a bunch of these kids all together just about two weeks ago when they had an inset day. My husband is the person who usually picks him up after school, so we are not best pleased and are now avoiding him and their house  as we definitely do not want to go catching this.

Lilian

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2020, 15:12:05 PM »
Not nice @Elnnina please take care  :flower:
Willing but not always able :)

Catllar

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2020, 15:23:00 PM »
.  A fudge may be the way to go.

No, it is a design opportunity.

So I just got back from the Mairie in possession of my new French Birth Certificate, Livret de Famille, Certificate of Frenchitudity , a book of my rights and responsibilities, a copy of the Declaration des  Droits d'Hommes and a copy of the Marseillaise for this days when I fancy a sing-song. All accompanied by a letter from Mr Macron welcoming me as a new French person.

They also kept my Titre de Sejour which, until I receive my Carte Nationale d'Identité, means I have no ID ( scary) It's another brick in the wall of becoming French so I can wave 2 fingers to Brexit and finally have the right to vote in the country where I've lived and paid taxes for the past 30 years.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Sewingsue

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2020, 15:38:53 PM »
Congratulations @Catllar

Roof finished
Roofers gone
Everything put back in place
Relaxing with a cuppa
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

LeilaMay

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2020, 15:51:44 PM »
Glad for the good things happening for folks - commiserations and cups of tea for the bad bits  (((hug)))
Braved the outside world to visit Midsomer Quilting, to chose a backing fabric for a quilt, and get the wadding whilst I was there. OH suggested I get  new cutting mat whilst there - I've had mine 15 years or so, done C&G and HNC on it, plus lots of paper-based projects too, I admit it had seen better days. So long as having a new cutting mat improves my sewing skills  . . .

mudcat

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2020, 21:04:07 PM »
I spent time playing with my coverstitch yesterday and thought I was doing something wrong so watched some videos online. It was working fine and as designed.  I guess one must get used to the weirdness of ending the stitch compared to sewing machines.  So today I will do my hemming.

hernibs

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2020, 23:23:16 PM »
:faints: I'm so tired I could just  cry right now. Anyone else ever get like that.

Felt like that on Thursday....didn't actually cry but just so exhausted.....I have to slow down - I think I'm still 50 with the same energy and I'm 25 years older than that!!!  At least I am alive.