The Sewing Place

Saturday 10th October

annieeg

Saturday 10th October
« on: October 10, 2020, 07:39:30 AM »
Morning all
It's dark still and I don't want to get up but I suppose I must.
Today I'm going to try and get on with the sewing project that I didn't make any progress with yesterday as washing, hoovering and shopping got in the way ><
Hopefully a tranquil and constructive day is ahead of me and for all of us TSP'ers.

wrenkins

Re: Saturday 10th October
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2020, 08:19:32 AM »
Morning all.

I'm afraid I have been rather absent.  :(

My mum collapsed last Tuesday and my car had been off the road so I had to leave that in so that I could go up to my mum. That was a stressful couple of days.  :( I had spent hours on the phone to GPs and hospitals to arrange heart monitors and hospital treks and wotnot. When the day came to get my car back him indoors would pick me up and drive me to the garage. Unfortunately on the way to pick me up he wrote his car off by hitting a dog that ran out of a farm gate. The dog is not dead!
When I finally got me, cars, mum etc in one place we had a whirl of hospital visits for a few days and the upshot is we are waiting for results and mum was bundled into my car along with her dog and is now safely ensconced in my house where I can keep her indoors and out of mischief! The downside is that she is very shakey, very small, very shuck up and totally incapable of cooking or cleaning! Sake! If I'd known that I'd have left her in her own house!  ;)

I will try to check in a bit more and keep an eye on the Sewalong Voting thread so please toddle over there and cast your vote for the brave souls who displayed their amazing pattern matching skills. I had a bit of a shakey start posting the voting thread (I was somewhat distracted :'() and had to have a reset so if you voted early please ensure that your vote was registered. You will find the official voting thread at the very top of the Sewalongs and Competitions board. Go now while you remember.  :laughing:

Enjoy your Saturday and keep an eye on your old folk even if sometimes it's like having a squirrel for a pet!  :faints:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 08:41:05 AM »
@wrenkins
Wow, you’ve been very busy, no wonder your mind wandered a little bit. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy a few days of calmer chaos to recover some of your equilibrium. I hope your mum starts to feel better soon as well and she might feel like cooking your tea, you never know.  :P

Looks like a bright cold sunny day so far. Nothing much happening here otherwise. We’re in level 3 across the country but I’m fully expecting them to keep the schools closed for longer after the half term break in 2 weeks time. They held the kids religious confirmation ceremonies on Tuesday evening to get them done before the rule change as they were postponed from last March.  :S

My sewing group has also stopped again due to the revised rules and we’re not seeing anyone outside of our household so it’s just the school run, food shopping and pottering about. At least I can get on with sewing Christmas gifts, assuming I can make a decision about what to sew.  :rolleyes:

Kwaaked

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2020, 08:41:54 AM »
Sorry about your mom @wrenkins.  Hope things chill out.

Last Sunday was our anniversary, and we've spent the week off and on at the cabin in the woods, and got home a few hours ago.  It's not terribly far anyway, and when it started to rain the electric there (spotty at best) went out, the wood wet (we're not quite done with the lean to for keeping it dry and so the smoke would make DH unable to breathe) and DD going to be stuck inside the small place, we just decided to come home.

Puzzler

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2020, 08:59:30 AM »
I hope your mum recovers, @wrenkins:hug:

maliw

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 09:16:35 AM »
Hope your mum improves soon @wrenkins.
Well good morning from a wet, grey and windy Wirral.
Nothing is planned for today, it looks like the perfect day to batten down the hatches and hibernate - see you in the spring ;)
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2020, 09:25:54 AM »
Morning, we have sunshine at the moment and it is a chilly 9C.
Sorry to hear your mum is poorly @wrenkins , I hope she gets better soon.
Usual Saturday routine here, a bit of a walk later if the rain holds off. I am pleased that I managed to sew yesterday, I was very stiff and sore afterwards. The dress is on Mimi (my mannequin) waiting for the cowl collar and sleeves to go in. Enjoy your Saturday.
Still learning

UttaRetch

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2020, 09:35:41 AM »
I am wasting time in order to avoid going into the sewing room.
What goes around comes around.

Gernella

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2020, 09:48:00 AM »
Miserable, raining and the flu jab is later this morning.  First load of washing in so a sit while coffee arrives, then I might be in a better frame of mind.  Kitty howling because it is raining and he wants to go out but doesn't want to get wet.

Finally had the letter that the poo sticks are coming, although a friend says they have changed now, only one sample is taken. DH not had his, so will have to chase up if it doesn't come in the next week.

I hope your mother starts feeling better soon @wrenkins

Do what I do @UttaRetch and which I did only a few months ago, machined tacked, tried on and pulled a face.  Rolled up quickly and stuffed out of the way (£26 a meter).  I knew there would be trouble before I started, it arrived in a tight ball of a parcel (fabric way too fine for what I was doing and wishy washy colour in broad daylight).

You'll feel so much better.
Stash extension 2020 -28.5 meters
Left at the end of 2019 - 39 meters

Greybird

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2020, 10:07:00 AM »
@wrenkins I thought you had been uncharacteristically quiet! What a horrible time for you. Hope everything will be OK now. Keep us updated!

I have already been enjoying myself this morning washing the kitchen floor. I shall embark on the bathrooms and then have fun cutting the grass in the front - what are the chances of it being the last time this year? Hope you all have more interesting days!

Sewingsue

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2020, 10:29:27 AM »
 :hug: @wrenkins

Sunny here but chilly. Paid the roofing bill on-line. There will be no impulse shopping for the foreseeable future.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Kenora

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2020, 10:32:03 AM »
@wrenkins - hope your mum feels better soon. At least she has you to wait on her, hand, foot and finger!  :) :hug:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Elnnina

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2020, 10:42:29 AM »
Oh Wrenkins I have missed you and  wondered what had happened.  What  a chapter of incidents and no wonder you are  all tied up  and not sure which direction you are going.  Now just take a deep breath, keep clam and carry on.  Do hope your mother's problems are soon sorted out.

hernibs

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2020, 10:47:58 AM »
@wrenkins - sorry to hear of Mum's collapse....trust she improves in the days ahead and thanks for being so caring - I wish my housebound friend had daughters like you - both are cold and unloving and it breaks my heart....so well done you, girl......
Dull and cool here...just doing my hair....flu jabs in a while.....then home to finish an urgent card before 4 pm - had the insert written and put the wrong date on for the birthday....drat.....
Have as good a day as possible....I shall watch tennis later after the writing...no idea who will win.

BrendaP

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2020, 10:57:40 AM »
 :hug: :hug: to @wrenkins and her mum.  I do hope things settle down soon and that she will be well enough to return home.

Nothing much happening here - I've just booked a slot for delivery of Christmas groceries, but who know what I might need then or how many I might, or might not be feeding. :thinking:

The gremlins are trying to get into TSP again, the website is running rather slowly; taking ages to download each page. :(

A few more chores to get on with and then I'll start thinking about the latest project.

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.