The Sewing Place

50% off Vogue patterns...

Bodgeitandscarper

50% off Vogue patterns...
« on: October 09, 2020, 19:31:57 PM »
... at Jaycotts and no doubt your favourite supplier. 

Not sure I need, want or even like any I haven't already got.

UttaRetch

Re: 50% off Vogue patterns...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 20:17:10 PM »

Form an orderly queue.  :laughing:

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 20:21:16 PM »
I'm sure I can find something....  :devil: Would have to check which I already have.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

mudcat

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 20:22:09 PM »
Even at 50% off they still seem rather pricey but acceptable with judicious choosing.  I'm sorry you can't easily get them outside of the US when they have the super special deals. 

It appears the latest buyer of the Big 4 is having to do more ultra low pricing in the US.  For awhile they weren't but they have given in twice recently.  Last time I bought nothing because I felt unenthusiastic but this time I ended up buying 10.  I got 2 copies of the Claire Shaeffer trouser pattern because I want to work on pants fitting over the next few months.  I got some of the Designer patterns I was ambivalent about before since I still have the old Club BMV membership so I paid only $4.79 per pattern. 

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 20:25:41 PM »
I have long bought Vogues only when there is a 50% sale.  However, I won't buy again until the Autumn patterns arrive in the UK and then go on sale.

Tamnymore

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2020, 21:45:56 PM »
@mudcat I buy Vogues three at a time in sales on the US website and with BMV membership. This works out a fair bit cheaper than fuĺl price in the UK. You have to be careful not to buy more than £15 in value otherwise you get stung by tax charges. Unfortunately the postage has gone up a lot recently.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Syrinx

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 13:11:34 PM »
My last purchase from US were 3 vogue patterns which were over the customs limit but whomever packed it popped the price below the limit so I was pleasantly surprised when it popped through the letterbox with no additional charges!