The Sewing Place

Sunday 11th October

Silver Rose

Sunday 11th October
« on: October 11, 2020, 08:28:01 AM »
Good morning, another sunny start to the day, hopefully no rain today, yesterday it chucked it down just after our short walk.
Not sure what I'll be doing today, I've got the lazy bug. We saw 2 small herds of fallow deer yesterday, one with a big stag who was guarding his ladies, 'tis the rutting season for them. Enjoy your Sunday.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 08:33:36 AM by Silver Rose »
Still learning

Silver Rose

Re: Sunday 11th October
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 08:29:28 AM »
My post disappeared, then came back! I'm going for a shower to wake me up.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 08:32:19 AM by Silver Rose »
Still learning

Sandra

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 08:53:10 AM »
It's very still out there this morning after the heavy showers and blustery weather we had yesterday.

I have a new sewing machine.  :\ Son drove me to Wolvo yesterday to get it. It was good to see what a busy little shop it is.  :) It's been there for a good few years and there were several other customers while I was in there. A couple passed through to go through the back to a sewing class.
Also lots of other machines waiting to be collected after being repaired.
Anyway, I've unboxed it and it's been sat just the other end of the dining table ever since. I'm not thrilled to have needed to buy a new one and I'm not looking forward to getting used to it.
I'm sure it'll be fine. It only needs to sew mainly straight stitches, sometimes through thicker layers. I'll get used to it.

I don't know what I'll be doing today. I suppose the obvious thing is playing with my new toy. Other than that...I dunno.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 09:15:02 AM »
Sorry I was AWOL yesterday ... I had to go to Seahorse quilting (about 1/2 an hours drive from here, but 5 mins from where I used to live) early doors to pick up some backing fabric and layer the monstrosity that the Recycle Repurpose Refashion Slash and Hack quilt has become ... Ohhh Lumme its got BIG!

In other news Mei made it through her 21st birthday but is increasingly confused, thin and once again is not eating... However no accidents of note to mention ..... :)  :(

Mei Alive, Me Alive ... Have great Sundays peeps it looks gorgeous out there!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2020, 09:15:59 AM »
It's a cool, sunny morning.  I normally go food shopping on a Sunday morning, but need to crack on with the beastly dressing gown.
What goes around comes around.

annieeg

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2020, 09:32:11 AM »
I have sewing tasks, laundry, and ironing on the do list today- there's a very good chance there'll still be on the list tomorrow  :ninja:
Have a good day all.

Silver Rose

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2020, 09:46:51 AM »
Congratulations to The Mei :meow: 21 is impressive, long may she continue.
Still learning

Gernella

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2020, 10:06:25 AM »
Gorgeous morning it is, from the warm inside, where I am stopping.  Yesterday I was brought in the afternoon a coffee which tasted revolting, I thought he'd used frozen milk.  This morning's is not quite as bad but still got a taste to it so I asked if he was poisoning me, which he thought was funny.  I shall to do it myself this afternoon,  something is not right, or of course it could be my altered taste has taken another turn.

That is impressive, 21 for The Mei, especially in a pedigree, I think her different toilet habits are down to her age and lets face it we all get a bit daffy in our old age.  And yes long may she reign. :meow:

Is it just me, this super fast internet seems to be in the slow lane to nowhere at the moment.
Stash extension 2020 -28.5 meters
Left at the end of 2019 - 39 meters

Kwaaked

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2020, 10:33:40 AM »
It's 0'dark thirty here and I have a head cold.  DD been wearing a mask around me since she is convinced I have covid.  All I can do is laugh...I've not been anywhere to be infected, and where I broke my elbow as a id is killing me, so this is probably weather change.

I am eating saltines (I believe it's Export Soda crackers there, or cream crackers are close enough for government work) and butter.  At 4:30 in the morning.

Sleep all day, dinner sorted (leftover soup)...not much I have to really do.

Greybird

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2020, 11:16:30 AM »
Morning everyone. Not much planned for today, other than avoiding the news so that we can watch F1 highlights later. The sun is breaking through grey clouds and I shall enjoy it from indoors.

@Sandra you didn't tell us what kind of machine it is!
@Iminei - Happy Birthday to The Mei
@Kwaaked - I love Saltines - haven't had anything here that are like them since we had American next door neighbours when I was about 10. Cream crackers taste like cardboard by comparison.

Have good Sundays all!

Sandra

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2020, 11:27:23 AM »
Janome HD2200...Apparently, it's a 'workhorse', which sounds just right for me. My old Bernina was marketed with exactly the same word.
I've still not plugged it in.  -<

Very slow here too. I'm the same as Gernella this morning.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2020, 11:29:12 AM »
The Sewing Place is hideously slow today Peeps ...

Acorn and Mr Twingo havent got the time to wait, wait, wait for some goons from the Hosting platforms response (usually blaming TSP for being too busy ... Yeah Right!) and if I try they will probably say there are too many flamingos surfacing in our files ... and I wouldnt know whether that was right or wrong ... ie I know NOTHING!

Sooooooo either put up with it or find something else to do on this beautiful Sunday .. Sorry Peeps!

Hopefully Normal service will be resumed tomorrow
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bjay

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2020, 11:43:40 AM »
Hiya
the slowness suits me fine today. not in a hurry for anything

Hopefully we have done the last Staffs dash for w while. we are now going to concentrate at staying safe - Mtbeej is clinically vulnerable and with BIL problems has been out and about ar more than he shojld be,
BIL came out of hospital yesterday into the flat we have furnished and dilled.
A shock he is 10 years younger than Mrbeej but looks 10 years older. we have told him  that we may not visit for some time  now. Will see what Boris mumbles tomorrow

No sewing done for what seems ages but in fact is a few days. So sewing later, garden shortly but generally a rest day today

Happy  birthday Mei - 21 is a very good age. we thought we did well with one that went hunting in the sky at 18
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

BrendaP

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2020, 12:35:46 PM »
Happy Birthday Mei  :meow:

I couldn't get in to TSP at all earlier, just a message about server maintenance.  Working sort of OK now, sometimes pages load quickly, sometimes they don't.

Nothing much happening here, Mr Ocado has paid his Sunday morning visit and I have found my mislaid second pair of specs down the side of the bedside table underneath a couple of magazines. :facepalm:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

twopence

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2020, 12:56:12 PM »
Happy birthday to Mei

We got going early when we heard that FiL had been up most of the night coughing stuff up.  Hopefully he is now at the hospital and being seen.  The ambulance handler prevaricated for a couple of hours about going for him.  I do understand that they don’t want to bring people in unnecessarily but someone who is nearly 93 and has just been diagnosed with a rare fast growing cancer and has been throwing up for over four hours when they called.  I would have thought that an emergency.

It leaves MIL at home with we think a proper phone that will always work but what if she falls away from it.  OH says he will ask her about a call button when he phones tomorrow.

We’re off for a walk round Waddesdon after lunch.  It’s a lovely day and hopefully some of the trees are turning.