The Sewing Place

Monday October 12th

wrenkins

Monday October 12th
« on: October 12, 2020, 06:51:44 AM »
Morning all.

I need to get back to work (here) today. I have missed a gazillion pages of waffle interesting chat from you lot of blethers and I shot up in the night thinking I had missed the deadline for 'close of voting' on the checks and plaids competition. The shame! :o (Thankfully I hadn't and it's tonight at tea time so still plenty of time for you to peruse and pick your favourite.  :loveit:

My mum is still breathing and starting to get cheeky so she must be on the mend. She hasn't couped over for a couple of days now but I won't be sending her up any ladders! The light bulb in the sun room will have to wait!

Not one stitch has been sewn! That needs to change because I'm getting withdrawal symptoms. I had great plans for the recycle comp too! Today is a new day and things will have to start getting back to normal or as normal as can be with cheeky comments from the peanut gallery!  >< At least we can still laugh. God help us when the laughing stops.

Enjoy your fresh new week.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 07:04:00 AM by wrenkins »
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Pearl

Re: Monday October 12th
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 07:01:17 AM »
Good morning, all.  Glad your mum is on the mend, Wrenkie.

Same old, same old, here.  Waiting for a call.  Going to work or not.  Sewing Christmas placemats, for goodness sake.  Just get them finished. 

Have a good day, all.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 07:04:23 AM by wrenkins »

wrenkins

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 07:13:14 AM »
Carry on @Pearl no-one's noticed! I think we I got away with it.  :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Sewingsue

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 07:37:27 AM »
Morning
Rain forecast here, but plenty to do indoors.
Glad to hear your mum is on the mend @wrenkins

Had a call from my BFF last evening. Made me realise how bad I have been in keeping in contact with people over several months. It's good that it doesn't bother me to be at home on my own or that I am not missing the things I would have been going to, but that doesn't mean that it is good to lose contact with my friends.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

annieeg

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 07:53:50 AM »
Morning all
I slept for 7.5 hours and feel I could do with another 7! 
Cut and hemmed the palazxo trousers yesterday but I'm not sure they are draping very well now they are nearly 4" shorter. The fabric is crinkle finish viscose so i didn't want to press them.  I've suggested to my sister that she give them a cool wash, short spin and let them air dry to see if that helps :(
No other plans today except to try and keep busy to take my mind off my family-related anxieties.   
Have a good day all
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 08:01:41 AM by annieeg »

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 08:12:57 AM »
I’m bored already... :S

Ploshkin

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2020, 08:24:20 AM »
The roof slates are supposed to be here today -  as were they last Monday and the Monday before and the Monday before .......  I'm not holding my breath.
It looks like yet another wet day today.  Nothing much doing.  I actually made an official start on my PL quilt yesterday after much dithering and mind changing so will get another block or two done today if nothing else occurs.  I'm off out now to see to dogs, cats chickens and sheep and retrieve toads from the lorry pit.
Have a good day everyone.
Life's too short for ironing.

Silver Rose

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2020, 08:28:12 AM »
Morning , another dull damp day ahead but I have lots of jobs to do indoors. Glad to hear your Mum is on the mend @wrenkins .
I really didn't want to get out of bed this morning as I had slept well for a change.
Have a good day whatever you are up to.
Still learning

Sandra

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 08:44:45 AM »
I'm pleased to hear your mum's a bit better now, wrenkins.  :)

It's dry, and was a fairly bright start to the day. Some ominous grey clouds are now arriving over the back.

Work for today is to shorten a pair of trousers. 24 inch inside leg  :S

I still haven't tried this new machine but I have plugged it in. The light comes on, so that's good.  0_0 Maybe later. I must stop faffing around and try it out.

Sandra.
xxx

justpottering

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2020, 09:03:38 AM »
Morning everyone cold and mizzle here  :\

Lots of coulds and shoulds on my list today but probably won't get done

I've a dentist appointment this afternoon hurrah! At last! To hopefully sort out a tooth that's been painful on and off since just after lockdown started  :S

Have good days all whatever you get up to and stay safe and well
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

maliw

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2020, 09:27:32 AM »
Good morning, grey and undecided here - the weather and possibly me as well.
Tonight our fate - for the next 4 weeks at least (where have I heard that before?) will be sealed and it looks like lock down :( It hasn't worked elsewhere so ------------. Cases aren't bad here but we are clumped with Liverpool.
On the bright side I have loads of fabric and loads of wool so sewing and knitting won't be a problem. Going for a walk soon if it doesn't pour down as was forecast.
Bye all, have a good day.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Greybird

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2020, 09:55:25 AM »
OH taking me out for lunch today at our favourite pub! This has caused me to postpone the ironing until tomorrow.

Have good days all!

twopence

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2020, 10:36:14 AM »
Been to Audiology to have my hearing aids settings altered a bit and to have a shorter wire put on one as it seems to be flopping around a bit.

OH is going to check that his parents have a proper phone and a torch in the bedroom for when his Mum is on her own in case of a power cut.  Does anyone have a spare key and to suggest that his mother has a pendant alarm.  I suggested it a few years ago when his Dad was in hospital but was told it wasn’t needed now he was home.  FIL had told me that MIL had stumbled and hurt herself but I don’t think he told anyone else as it was news to OH.  The ambulance didn’t take FIL into hospital yesterday as they decided that it was blood from the cancer settled in his stomach having laid flat for the MRI and then four CT scans which was my initial thought.

Going to stitch down the binding on a quilt Imi style this afternoon using blanket stitch on the right side.  Wish me luck.

Bjay

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2020, 10:40:56 AM »
Hiya
Good excuse to leave the ironing :thumbsup:

I am hoping life will get back to some sort of normal now. we have said that we are not hurtling up to Staffs any more as Mrbeej needs to be protected and any way it is exhausting.
I need to give my apple and pear tres a prune and even the plum. It's a bit late but hey ho.

I am having sewing withdrawl as well so will get out the last BOM and make sure the others are the preferred size or make them so.
Happy new machine @Sandra . Hope it goes over the thick seams OK - my Janome doesn't like them. Still mine isn't an award winning  model!
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Helen M

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2020, 10:50:51 AM »
Not looking forward to what our next 'sentence' is likely to be, looks like it will be grim though.

Sandra your new machine is almost the same as my 4618, only has 18 stitches, but I love it. I replaced its predecessor after 20 years with this and the only difference was the name and model number. Sews over thick seams fine, just use a homemade fabric hump jumper.
Stash Busting 2020
Goal: 35 metres
So far: 9 metres