The Sewing Place

What to do with the quilts

Efemera

Re: What to do with the quilts
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2020, 12:52:59 PM »
People will not pay, they think homemade =cheap. If you add up fabric and hours it would be well into the high hundreds.

Catllar

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2020, 13:57:51 PM »
I've got one on each guest bed, ( none in my bedroom as I only like white bedding) a couple on walls ( smaller art quilts) I've got a few I use outside as cheer-ups on the garden settees and a few are just blanket things in the garage to use in the boot of the car if needed.  I now only make them if I can see a purpose for the finished project, so I haven't done any for ages now.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Celia

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2020, 14:46:37 PM »
I have made a collection of Latvian and Norwegian style mittens which I am sure I will never wear but I love them, I do give some away sometimes but still have too many and am still knitting.

Mitten bunting! :loveit:

That’s a great idea especially as the latest ones could be classed as Christmas  :S

Sara-S

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2020, 16:51:10 PM »
 I have made a few for the house- lap quilts & one for the bed. But most of my quilts are donated to local organizations.  My quilt guild regularly collects small quilts to donate to children’s hospitals & lap quilts for disabled veterans.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.