The Sewing Place

Tuesday 13th October

Silver Rose

Tuesday 13th October
« on: October 13, 2020, 08:07:19 AM »
Morning all, dark and damp here again and rain forecast for later. I have an osteopath appointment at lunchtime but not much else planned. I will tack the cowl collar onto my dress and see how it looks.
Have a good day.
Still learning

annieeg

Re: Tuesday 13th October
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 08:14:18 AM »
Morning all
I have a flu jab this afternoon.
Possible drive to London to see my.MIL tomorrow.
Dark and a bit dreary here this morning (dreary could apply to me too). 
Have a good day all

Sandra

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 08:42:24 AM »
Dry and fairly bright. We've had a rainbow this morning but no rain hit us here.  :)

I've got three pairs of trousers to shorten today. Nice and simple for me to try to acquaint myself with my new machine. My overlocker stitch was a bit off yesterday so I need to fiddle about with that. I'm sure it's nothing bad. Just the tension looks a bit dodgy.

Other than that, I don't know what today will bring.
Probably nothing interesting.

Sandra.
xxx

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 08:51:58 AM »
Dentist!

Kwaaked

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 08:52:17 AM »
Well, I am supposed to get my covid test back today sometime.  I can't taste anything, and really feel like I have a bad head cold is all, but you know how these things go.  Thing is, I have NO idea where I would have been in contact with it.  I may not be a huge proponent of mask wearing (and I haven't left my house much in two weeks), but with allergies/mandatory where I've been going, I have worn one.

Now, no one I have seen medically thinks I have covid, and losing taste is not new for me (I usually lose some with bronchitis anyway and one of the weird things of having an eating disorder that has stuck around) and I CAN smell fine if my nose isn't stuffed up but with the fear around it, I am to quarantine anyway for 10 days.

But did you know they have Thera Flu in K-Cups?  Crazy to me!  (I got a box for free today, but it was like, really?  I CAN open a packet and boil water.) 

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 08:58:28 AM »
@Kwaaked Thera Flu in K-Cups?......

Kwaaked

justpottering

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 09:27:22 AM »
Morning everyone heavy rain showers  and cold  :\

The visit to the dentist was successful and this morning was the first time in months that I did not have dental pain on waking  :dance:

I need to make a trip to the stupormarket and the bank, so despite the showers I am going to do that at the coast and go for a walk as well

I have started cutting out a new EPP project so might continue with that this afternoon especially as the alternative would be h*******k ......... Nah  :ninja:

Have good days all whatever you get up to and stay safe and well
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

BrendaP

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 10:46:39 AM »
Dull, grey and damp here.

I have an 80th birthday card to sort out; I think I've got all the necessary bits to make one rather than try and find something in a local shop.  After that ...
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Pearl

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 10:56:14 AM »
Good morning.  No work.   :scream:

Knit a bit, sew a bit and repeat.

Have a good day.

hernibs

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 11:15:11 AM »
Morning all - dull and cool around this bit of the world....going to Home Bargains after coffee to stock up on lots of things....this is NOT panic buying, by the way.....when I go there I make it worth my while, pre Covid or post Covid....so dare anyone look at  in the shop and tell me I shouldn't be 'stocking up'.
Other than that I have a waistcoat to knit the second armband on, sew up the sides and wear.....then on to finishing the front of a sweater - although on paper I have calculated the yardage I am still not convinced I have enough yarn....so have knit one sleeve, front nearly done...will weigh them and weigh the yarn I have left to check if I have enough, if not then an order for hopefully the same batch number, for more.  Nothing else planned, that's enough!!
I hope you all have a lovely day...I'm hoping the sun will appear at some stage.

twopence

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 11:21:33 AM »
Just had a long call with FIL about MIL having a pendant alarm and he is quite receptive so I’m just about to email him the details for the Council one.  He told me that the ambulance call handler suggested to him that MIL may have poisoned him when they called the ambulance on Sunday after he’d been throwing up blood all night.  The ambulance team that came did do a full assessment of their circumstances though and left them a copy.

In other news DS is 30 today.  How did that happen?  I spoke to him yesterday as it was Thanksgiving holiday one Canada and he asked if he’s grown up now.  DD2 hasn’t and she’s five years older.

After I’ve done this email I’m not sure what I’m doing but I’ll keep busy.

Sewingsue

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 12:07:14 PM »
Plan for this morning was to walk to some shops slightly further away - not that far but more uphill on the way back.

The weather wasn't looking as pleasant as I hoped so I was going off the idea of a slightly longer walk. Then I had the sensible thought that I could take the car, after all there is a small car park at that row of shops and I might be lucky.

Then I could feel myself starting to think of excuses. Not good - got a grip and 'just did it'.

Of course it was all fine, three spare parking places, all shopping done and I did a slight detour on way home to check out how far the new housing beyond the bus terminus had grown.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Celia

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2020, 12:25:16 PM »
Good afternoon everyone I am of for my first even flu jab in a little while, can’t say I am looking forward to it as I have had bd reactions to jabs in the past, everyone assures me this is necessary so off I will go.
I am sure I am becoming agoraphobic  I don’t really want to go out at all
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 15:10:05 PM by Celia »

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2020, 12:45:25 PM »
Cold and miserable here and looks like we’ve had some rain. 

Forgot to set the alarm and woke up at 8.15. :scream:   late for me!   

Have left over frittata in the fridge and cooked potatoes which will be thrown in the oven to go with it.  So another quick dinner.  We went for a walk round the village this morning. 

More sewing of grandsons' tee shirts later.  But also want to check out Amazon Prime Day as I think they’re doing a deal for 3 free months deal on Audible .