The Sewing Place

Some things just make you smile

Gernella

Some things just make you smile
« on: October 13, 2020, 16:54:17 PM »

Definitely got some deep pockets. :laughing:
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Efemera

Re: Some things just make you smile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 18:28:08 PM »
Must be the US... Bernina here never get the deals the US does...as you say deep pockets.
I asked for a deal on a Euphoria and a Pfaff QE720... they would knock £50 off each machine, not a lot when you’re spending a lot of money.

mudcat

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 20:35:05 PM »
It doesn't even look like it'll all fit in the car!

I am not sure how good of a deal Americans actually get.  I was a little shocked by this price on the website of the nearest Viking dealer:

Husqvarna Viking DESIGNER EPIC™ 2 - Floor Model - New $16,999.00
14,470 EUR /  13,137 GBP

Admittedly, I know nothing about this machine but there is no way I would ever pay that much for any machine.  I assume it does embroidery.  Even the Husqvarna Viking EPIC™ 980Q sewing machine was $5399 on sale (from 9,999). 

These were both "gently cared for" meaning not out of the box.

Lilian

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 21:43:42 PM »
@mudcat at todays exchange rates 16,999 us dollars is 13,139.72 so much the same.  Still more than most could afford  :ninja:
Willing but not always able :)

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2020, 10:49:53 AM »
@Gernella not as deep as first glance.  They bought 2 sewing machines. Bernina's current promotion is buy the 790 Plus Se and get over $5000 USD free merchandise. That includes the 480 SE, value about 2700 USD, 2 USB of additional embroidery designs, fancy walking foot, a trolley for each machine and another case for the embroidery module. It runs until March 31, 2021.  ;)

My Bernina Dealer has a couple of burly guys working there along with a couple of very strong women. It's hilarious watching them try to stuff this sort of thing into an SUV. This haul probably took 2 vehicles or 2 trips. Where do you store the boxes?  :laughing:

Still cost a bundle.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Gernella

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 15:51:21 PM »
The box is about all I could afford @Renegade Sewist .  Must spoil the thrill though getting so much at once.  When you buy a new one it's a big deal setting it up admiring, using for the first time, putting through its paces, trying the embroidery stitches (first  and last time I ever touch them again).  It's a bit like Christmas when you get everything you want, you don't know which to play/use first.

I suspect there is a lot more anticipation and thrill when you have to wait for your heart's desire.  Then of course, like you say, where the heck do you store your boxes.

Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 17:26:59 PM »
@Gernella I forgot to add that in the promotional offer they say one to have and one to give, so you can share the joy or whatever of sewing. I don't know anyone who would do that. They might figure one for home and one for classes.

Do you not use your embroidery or fancy stitches? My first machine that was "mine" was my grandmother's Singer 503a "Rocketeer" when I was 17. I just loved all the decorative stitches and the cams so got hooked on using the fancy stitches. I should use them more,  but then I should sew too. Oh well, someday I'll get back to it.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Gernella

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 20:45:26 PM »

Do you not use your embroidery or fancy stitches? My first machine that was "mine" was my grandmother's Singer 503a "Rocketeer" when I was 17. I just loved all the decorative stitches and the cams so got hooked on using the fancy stitches. I should use them more,  but then I should sew too. Oh well, someday I'll get back to it.

Afraid not @Renegade Sewist first with fancy stitches was the Janome 7000.  I did go though them but at that time everything was much smaller.  Might have made a difference if I had children. Next was the Pfaff Expression, from memory never tried any, I probably use less than 9, just basic and buttonholes. I've never come across a pattern I could use them either.  It is nice to have them there just in case though, never say never.