The Sewing Place

November Cardigan Sewalong

Goth Gardiner

Re: November Cardigan Sewalong
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2020, 19:09:19 PM »
 This was made out of stretch velvet with a silver pattern.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

I reduced the length of the arms from the shoulders (in effect cutting a size six at the shoulder line) as that meant I could squeeze this out of 1.25m of quite narrow fabric (I have very short arms).

I like it, don't really love it. Its an easy make though as I did it all in the coverstirch and overlocker.

Sorry, but noone around to take a photo of me wearing it - and I've not washed my hair in days!
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

Lilian

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2020, 19:15:13 PM »
That's lovely @Goth Gardiner looks classy.  Nicely done  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2020, 19:21:27 PM »
Ooh like that fabric @Goth Gardiner

mudcat

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2020, 22:01:28 PM »
Really pretty cardigan @Goth Gardiner

Vezelay

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2020, 22:29:47 PM »
Classy cardi @Goth Gardiner, very seasonal - perfect for all those festive outings and parties  0_0 (some day maybe...).

And yours looks very comfortable @SewRuthieSews  with your practical modifications. Good to see that pattern in its full glory.

I'm making the Sinclair Harper in a teal green ribbed jersey from my stash (as is the pattern). Fabric's cut and overlocker threaded. I might get it finished over the weekend, we'll see.

Vezelay

« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2020, 17:39:15 PM »
Sorry I'm late! It's been a crazy week, plumbers etc trampling all over the house  :S - not finished yet but hopefully just exterior works now. Found a quiet moment today to finish my Harper. I'll post one of me in it to my member's diary in due course. Big thanks for the push to sew this @SewRuthieSews  :)
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2020, 18:06:10 PM »
@Goth Gardiner you version really sings in that fabric!
I'm in agreement that I don't much like how dropped the shoulder is. Hmmm.

@Vezelay that looks fabulous. I've not made the Sinclair, but I think I do prefer ones which have a band round the edge rather than the no band approach of the Prima one.

Lilian

« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2020, 18:58:22 PM »
Lovely cardigan @Vezelay I do like the colour. Nicely sewn. :)

P.S. I haven't even cut the pattern for mine so am far too late, but, I will still make it at some point.  :)
Willing but not always able :)