The Sewing Place

Old Singer Question

HooliganHeart

Re: Old Singer Question
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2020, 14:57:55 PM »
No the long piece of nuisance was at the needle end @HooliganHeart .  I ought to know more because I used the dam thing from about 15 to 21 at which time I got the super duper Brother with a zig zag stitch.  Actually when I think about it, it wasn't that long and then it went into a shiny shuttle cover.
You misunderstood me i think, i know you are speaking of the bobbin itself but to help identify the model of the machine, the position of the bobbin winder is relevant  :thumbsup:

Gernella

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2020, 16:55:29 PM »
No idea other than left of the handle and wheel.  I've looked at this video but it doesn't ring any bells and I must have done it but it doesn't ring any bells.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4PhAT--SKM
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

steve_h

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2020, 22:34:00 PM »
Do you remember if the bobbin winder drove off the belt or had a rubber tire on it and drove off the handwheel?

Gernella

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2020, 10:26:20 AM »
I've looked at few videos on this (whizzing through) and at a guess I would say a rubber wheel. I don't remember whether  you had to knock the machine out of gear to  do it.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included