The Sewing Place

Cat Teddy

CraftyIrish

Cat Teddy
« on: November 15, 2020, 11:31:45 AM »
My little lad  loves cats and since we don't have pets in are house I thought I would make him one.
Here is how he is going so far.
cat pattern
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

CraftyIrish

Re: Cat Teddy
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 12:30:23 PM »
I finally got the little kitten finished today with a little ball toy.
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

Ploshkin

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 12:32:26 PM »
He's very sweet.  I'm not a crocheter and very impressed that anyone can crochet anything so fiddly.
Life's too short for ironing.

CraftyIrish

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 12:39:45 PM »
@Ploshkin  when I first tried to learn it was from a book and it was that terrible I gave up, but then a few years later I seen a YouTube video for beginners and the camera was zoomed right into it, I could see everything she was doing and it click right away after watching a few videos.
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 13:20:19 PM »
Cute kitty...

Sheilago

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 15:58:11 PM »
Oooh cute. Sure your little boy will love it. I see you used safety eyes and nose.  I’ve never tried those: I just embroider the faces, but with varying results. Are they easy to use ?

CraftyIrish

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 16:21:39 PM »
Oooh cute. Sure your little boy will love it. I see you used safety eyes and nose.  I’ve never tried those: I just embroider the faces, but with varying results. Are they easy to use ?
I'm the other way around im unless at embroidery thats why I bought them, they are great you just push the eye in and its like a plastic washer you put over the back of it
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

Ploshkin

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 16:32:09 PM »
I had to remove one of those safety eyes when I used a pair and then noticed that one was cracked.  The only way I could get it off was by cutting through the back washer with strong cutters.  It was encouraging to know that they wouldn't pull apart.
Life's too short for ironing.