The Sewing Place

Wedding dress

mudcat

Re: Wedding dress
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 00:35:18 AM »
@DementedFairy nice to you ... I have missed your blog posts. 

I hope your eyes straighten out soon.

Elnnina

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 10:12:47 AM »
Lovely to hear from you again DF, we have missed you, sorry to read that you have had a few problems, hope you are soon sorted out and an then get back to the things that you like doing.  I agree with you school children and this virus are not mixing well, my grandson was sent home the other week for 14 days isolation, returned to school this week - now how many mire times is this going to happen, at least he is of an age now that he can be left alone, but that is not the case for a lot of secondary age children.

BrendaP

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2020, 17:27:11 PM »
Another one saying good to see @DementedFairy back.  I have popped onto your blog a few times so knew you had trouble with the Bells.  Hope you are able to kick it in the arse pretty soon.

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Iminei

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 18:26:36 PM »
Welcome back @DementedFairy  ...
We have very much missed you here at TSP ... Hope you get your health issues sorted my darling ...
its not nice is it, but you have your lovely wife to look after you.
xxx
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lilian

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2020, 19:01:58 PM »
Hello and welcome to TSP @Terri  :)

Welcome back @DementedFairy  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Lowena

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2020, 19:34:50 PM »
Good to see you back @DementedFairy
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Tamnymore

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2020, 21:20:47 PM »
Nice to see you back @DementedFairy  <3
Sorry to hear about all the crap though. :hug:
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Greybird

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2020, 21:29:12 PM »
This thread has got a bit hi-jacked. @Terri must be wondering what happened. I hope the information Demented Fairy gave has been useful for you. You probably gathered that we hadn't heard from her for some time and the opportunity was too good to miss. Please forgive us all and welcome to TSP!

UttaRetch

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2020, 08:38:56 AM »
Terri is considering a trip to London, but she hasn't been back since the initial post.  There are lots of places in London, a few of which I know quite well, but it really is a matter of choice.

Terri

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2020, 10:17:15 AM »
Hello-I am finding it hard finding my way around the website at present as I’m so new on here and sorry but can’t find reply to me from demented fairy about the wedding dress embellishments. I did see and read another post and yes -any wholesalers details would be much appreciated. We will probably be able to go to London early next year to start looking . Daughter wants flowers or leaves on skirt area -sort of flowing down from waist. I have photos of the desired effect -Whether we will achieve this is another matter however.!

Acorn

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2020, 10:22:46 AM »
Demented Fairy's reply is on the previous page of this thread - scroll to the top of this page and click on '1' where it says 'Pages'.   :thumbsup:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Terri

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2020, 11:13:29 AM »
Yes I go to Walthamstow Market to get bits-we will try there as well when Covid has retreated- demented fairy seems a popular gal with you all.

UttaRetch

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2020, 13:13:55 PM »
DementedFairy was a longstanding member of this and the predecessor forum, but has stepped back in favour of blogging.

Depending on what you want, the chances are you will find it cheaper in Walthamstow.  The central London shops will be expensive.  Another place to try is London Trimmings in the Whitechapel area.

Terri

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2020, 18:02:00 PM »
Thanks for that

UttaRetch

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2020, 15:04:05 PM »
@Terri, I schlepped out to Walthamstow and bought a 25m roll of 20mm bias binding for £5.50 from

here.  It is probably the best of the three trimmings shops and I noticed some lovely stuff.  The other two are

which is more pedestrian, and

which has a lot of fancy things, but probably more aimed at the Asian community.

The street is very long and there is a bit of walking to do.