The Sewing Place

Good print shops for pdf patterns printed

Marniesews

Good print shops for pdf patterns printed
« on: March 02, 2017, 12:02:23 PM »
I've got couple of A0 sized pdf patterns now and need to get them printed. Any suggestions for good print shops for this? By good I suppose I'm looking for reliability, quality and any tips for best economy of printing/paper options.
Thanks!
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Francesca

Re: Good print shops for pdf patterns printed
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 12:22:35 PM »
I go to my local ServicePoint. A0 is £4.20 per sheet but I can get a student discount.

http://www.servicepointuk.com/

If you wanted, I might be able to print them here and put them in a tube and post to you, if you can't get a good price locally.

Marniesews

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 12:44:21 PM »
There's not one nearby it's true but there's on in Milton Keynes which we drive past most weeks so I can use that if necessary - good to know. Many thanks for the kind offer though.

May yet hear recommendations of the bigger chains nearby too.  :)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2017, 16:35:29 PM »
I had a recommendation via another sewing site, but I see you are not in London.

Francesca

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2017, 16:38:43 PM »
I had a recommendation via another sewing site, but I see you are not in London.

Can you share? If I can do anything to get it cheaper than what I'm currently paying...

UttaRetch

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 22:11:40 PM »
Can you share? If I can do anything to get it cheaper than what I'm currently paying...

I'll have to look through my bookmarks (I have so many), but the business has a couple of branches - one in Islington and the other in the Tower Bridge area.  Will get back to you, although I am not sure it will be cheaper than your current provider.

Found it - Online Reprographics recommended by FehrTrade on PatternReview.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 22:18:46 PM by UttaRetch »