The Sewing Place

Sunday 25th October

justpottering

Sunday 25th October
« on: October 25, 2020, 08:27:30 AM »
Morning everyone, it's a nice day here so we are going out!  :scream: a walk at the coast and some lunch. Weather total contrast to yesterday when it rained for England and blew a hoolie most of the day.

I did a marathon bake yesterday to restock the freezer as DH was developing a nervous tic at the thought of how low the supplies were  :scream: and i  also baked Christmas cakes at last. I went to my bed pooped and slept like the proverbial, although my body clock did not allow me to take advantage of the extra hour gained  :S

Have good days all whatever you get up to and stay safe and well
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

UttaRetch

Re: Sunday 25th October
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 08:41:09 AM »
It's now raining, but nothing like last night's monsoon.  I can't be arsed with doing anything today and will just kick back.
What goes around comes around.

LeilaMay

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 08:42:26 AM »
Sunshine, at least for an hour or tow - so pain au chocolat in the conservatory for me . . .

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2020, 08:48:02 AM »
Weak sunshine here and fairly cold, we're going to have a bit of a garden tidy up this morning and a walk this afternoon.

BrendaP

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2020, 09:06:16 AM »
A bit breezy here but not too chilliy although the sky looks very dark.

I've got some minutes to type up before I totally forget what the notes are about and some general clearing up.  Other than the grocery delivery the rest of the day is my own.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Catllar

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2020, 09:17:46 AM »
Grey low cloud today, waiting for the heating man to come - no hot water and no heating  = no fun.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2020, 09:18:38 AM »
I cant believe its still only 9am ... Will this day ever end???? It seenms like Ive been up for hours  :scream:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Silver Rose

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2020, 09:50:05 AM »
Raining here but not blowing a gale like yesterday, it was howling round the car when we stopped to look at the starlings performing the modest murmuration over the farmland. Chilly this morning so I am wearing a bigger, heavier jumper. Going to make some broccoli and bean soup after having a phone chat with my brother and SIL, they have been in Rhodes for a holiday in the sun.
Have a good Sunday.
Still learning

Lowena

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2020, 09:59:31 AM »
Bright here.
Gardening today. I don't have a body clock, I'd sleep the day through if left to my own devices :|
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Gernella

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2020, 10:00:49 AM »
Not a bad day really, even some blue sky about but I'm still feeling grumpy with the clock change, it takes me weeks to get used to early dark nights.

I'm sat having my coffee, and I think sitting is what I'm going to do all day. :S  I think what I really need is a good outside walk to blow the cobwebs away, that will liven me up, hopefully.
Stash extension 2020 -28.5 meters
Left at the end of 2019 - 39 meters

Elnnina

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2020, 10:15:48 AM »
Silver Rose your soup sounds rather nice, so please what sort of beans are you using? then what else are you putting in your soup.  I am now all for trying out new vegetable recipes as like you I am a vegetarian bordering on being a vegan.
Thanks.

Silver Rose

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2020, 10:29:14 AM »
@Elnnina I'll use either kidney beans or cannelloni beans (tinned) and I might chuck in some baby spinach which is lurking in the fridge.
Still learning

Elnnina

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2020, 10:41:09 AM »
Silver Rose thank you so much, that is definitely one I will try.  A very long time ago (1969) we went to a place called St. Briavels in Wales one September and it was rather an early autumn that year, and we happened to find some new soups just launched by Knorr and Bachelors,  and these were thick and warming vegetable soups, one was called Lincolnshire pea soup, and another had red kidney beans in - oh they were lovely and just right for coming home to after a day out exploring.  Sadly these soups seem to have disappeared over the years.  I also happen to like the little red Aduki beans and I happen to have both these and the larger kidney beans in my cupboard, so they will do just fine.

Pearl

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2020, 10:47:18 AM »
Do you know if we have a recipe thread, @Elnnina ?  Or a vegetarian one?  I know people have shared vegetarian recipes on the Today thread before and I have made some of them, but it would be good to have them all gathered in one place.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2020, 10:54:58 AM »
Sunny, windy, 11°C.

Sorry, can't stop, need to run to the toilet - again!  Just when I thought it was getting better, may have been that pizza last night...