The Sewing Place

Sunday 25th October

SewRuthieSews

Re: Sunday 25th October
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2020, 10:57:49 AM »
@Bodgeitandscarper hope that sorts itself out soon!

I've had a lovely time tidying up in the back garden. I now have some things to look at from the kitchen window and a clear path to the compost Dalek.
I ran out of steam before the front though so that's for another day.

Silver Rose

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2020, 11:04:03 AM »
I used cannellini beans, the kidney beans weren't in the cupboard after all. The soup is simmering away, I'll add the beans later.
Still learning

Bjay

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2020, 11:06:06 AM »
HIya
I would like a recipe thread. I'm trying to persuade OH to  vegetate have vegetarian meals a couple of times a week. I have succeeded so far with earting more fish but tasty recipes may persuade him.

A beautiful rainbow was showing as I opened the curtains this morning.Looked as if the pot of gold was only a couple of streets away!
Sun has siddenly dosappeared and grey clouds are builting now  :(
I managed a short dog walk this morning, first time for nearly a week and felt Ok on return. Pips tail was wagging a lot so she must have enjoyed it as well. Still on antibiotics tough so a way to go.
Visited the GH, watered a few things, unblocked a watering can spout without getting wet and picked a chille.

Yesterday I began playing with patterns to make  patchwork pictures for the Littlies. I was given some lovely bright fat 1/4's and will use them.
The 1/4 are not as big as usual - hmmm! Must take photo before I begin to cut

« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 11:09:14 AM by Bjay »
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Elnnina

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2020, 11:09:19 AM »
Pearl that is an excellent idea, perhaps I shall start one up as I do have a few favourite recipes to start this off.  Thanks for the idea.

Acorn

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2020, 11:27:08 AM »
I found one!!  Recipe Thread.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

maliw

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2020, 11:32:36 AM »
Good morning, cloudy here but just back from the beach where it was lovely and sunny but a cold wind.
It was really busy with lots of dog walkers but the cobwebs have been well and truly blown away.
The oven is on for a roast dinner and the rest of the day???
Bye all.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Nevis5

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2020, 12:17:33 PM »
Hello all!  I thought the forecast was for more wind and rain so the sun here is a definite bonus.  I enjoyed my extra hour, then recorded a new fairy story for my grandson (still unable to see him), did some singing practice, chatted to DD and then thought about finishing off the jumper I started to sew yesterday.  Decided as it was still so lovely out to go out for a walk instead.  Dim me had forgotten the deluge we had yesterday and so tried to walk through the woods.  Half an hour of slipping and sliding in in the mud was enough for me so I trudged home again.

Now lunch, and then onto that sewing.  DH is cross with me because (a) he forgot about the clock change and wanted to do the clock on my car - why?  I'd done all the rest round the house WITHOUT HIS HELP.  and (b) he wanted to go for a walk with me later and it's too late now  :devil:

Enjoy your afternoon everyone xx

Lowena

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2020, 12:20:56 PM »
Had a lovely morning cleaning up the back garden .
Sewing this afternoon
Triumph of hope over experience :D

So Chic

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2020, 12:36:59 PM »
@Bjay
I have 3 or 4 fish recipes which are very easy, I will dig them out for you during the week, and then think of how I send them to you.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and the elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G is at the sewing machine hospital

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2020, 12:46:17 PM »
Weird day here.  We’ve had a lot of rain, thunder and lightening.  Now the sun is out.  Won’t venture out today anyway. 

Had a nice FaceTime chat with DH's son, DIL and grandson.   Stepson was a bit achy as he had planned to run in one of the marathons which had been cancelled.  So he worked out a route for himself and did his own marathon yesterday.   

Not much else planned for today.   

DIL sent me a lovely pic of grandsons wearing their latest tops I made.  Evidently the oldest one kept asking when it would arrive.  :)  He was very excited when he thanked me yesterday....unprompted!
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Greybird

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2020, 12:50:05 PM »
Good day all! Nothing exciting today. I have hoovered downstairs, put clean bedding in the spare room ready for daughter-in-law - coming with the children for a couple of days this week. Had a lovely conversation with my daughter - her birthday today!

Looking forward to the F1 highlights later, but must avoid the news.

Why does my computer clock say 13.48. Does it not know about the clocks going back?

Ploshkin

« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2020, 13:07:45 PM »
We had a brief respite from the wind and monsoon of yesterday but it's back to rain again.  It's actually standard fare for the clock change weekend - more often than not it's a stormy one here.
We've had flue fixers here this morning putting an extension on our existing flue  so that the roofers can finish off tomorrow (I hope).
I'm taking advantage of the wet weather and making dome tomato and red pepper relish.  I've got a brilliant crop of red peppers in the polytunnel but the tomatoes have been woeful so I'm using a tin of chopped tomatoes.
DH has just departed in the lorry on a trip to Tilbury so I'm home alone until late tomorrow.
Have a good rest of the day.
Life's too short for ironing.

twopence

« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2020, 13:33:36 PM »
Bright and sunny here.  We’ll go for a walk after lunch.

Have moved a radio into the dining room/ sewing room that has an iPod dock so that I can listen to my favourite songs when the radio is not good.  I need to see if the radio reception is good enough where I’ve put it.

I gave up knitting a jumper for OH’s granddaughter yesterday when it became obvious that I didn’t have enough yarn to finish it.  I’ve restarted it for her nearly one year old cousin.  I’ll post the other two I’ve knitted for her out of leftover yarn in the week.  Then I’ve got yarn to some for myself.

Enjoy your days everyone.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2020, 14:26:17 PM »
@Greybird my phone didn’t change for over a day last time!   All ok this morning. 

Bjay

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2020, 15:05:32 PM »
@Bjay
I have 3 or 4 fish recipes which are very easy, I will dig them out for you during the week, and then think of how I send them to you.

There is the newly discovered 'Recipe swap' :thumbsup:

Thank you very much, loads of cookery books but very few that follow current trends
Trying to find my way on the Dark side