The Sewing Place

A 'poo' bag

RJR_38

A 'poo' bag
« on: October 25, 2020, 18:58:35 PM »
So we are getting a school dog that will end up living in my office  :loveit:

I have decided to make his owner (the other deputy I share the office with) a bag she can use in school for bits for him and can dispense poo bags when she takes him out.

I've cut and fused everything (my most hated bit) and have made up the back panel. The pocket has a magnetic catch to keep it shut. There will also be a zip pocket front and back for phone/ dog treats etc.

I can't make up the front panel until the eyelets I have ordered arrive (to dispense the bags).

I am using Tula Pink focus fabric with some teal PU. The lining is a pale green/teal simple geometric print from Lewis and Irene

RJR_38

Re: A 'poo' bag
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2020, 19:00:12 PM »
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

How odd I couldn't attach it to post!

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2020, 19:47:27 PM »
Very posh @RJR_38 I could never understand why Barbour didn't jump onto this band wagon and make a suitable (and expensive) bag.  Mind you in this village there are containers all over the place and a £1,000 fine if you don't pick it up, worse still the district council have set on a load of poo catchers.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

RJR_38

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 20:09:50 PM »
So I finished it off today. Bit annoyed the strap keeps wanting to twist but hoping that will sort itself out with use. It has a zip pocket on the front and back which are ideal for putting in a phone or keys as well.

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2020, 21:03:34 PM »
Wow!  That is so impressive!!!   :loveit:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2020, 21:30:41 PM »
I love the idea of a school dog - and the bag is great too!

Ploshkin

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 07:32:21 AM »
When I was teaching, 30 years ago now, our head used to bring Glen, his elderly sheepdog, in to school.  Glen, slept under his desk.  We had many children with complex behaviour problems and a few minutes with Glen while the head 'just had to pop out for a minute' defused  many a volatile situation.
Life's too short for ironing.

Puzzler

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 07:43:31 AM »
That’s a really nice bag!

Sheilago

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 08:53:08 AM »
What a lovely idea. I would have loved a school dog as a child! You could certainly sell those bags- love the eyelet to pull the poo bags through.  <3  :woof:

annieeg

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 09:25:06 AM »
Brilliant idea :thumbsup: :woof:
Brilliantly made bag :thumbsup: :woof:
Even more brilliant is the school  :woof:
What breed is it?  Can I guess Labrador or retriever?

RJR_38

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 07:47:38 AM »
Thanks everyone!

@annieeg I wish it was a labrador or retriever - they are my favourite breeds.

However, collegue wanted something smaller and did a lot of research into best temperaments for school dogs, least likely to cause allergies etc so we have a Shi-poo (shitzu and poodle). Unfortunate breed name but he is cute 

Acorn

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2020, 07:53:43 AM »
Hard to imagine anything cuter - and the children are going to love the name!!!   :laughing:

I do hope the children aren't going to be given free rein to name him though... I'm imagining Pooey McPooFace!!   :o
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Puzzler

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2020, 08:06:41 AM »
Awwwwww. So cute!  :loveit:

annieeg

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2020, 09:03:19 AM »
He is really cute and the children will fall.in love at first sight  :loveit:

RJR_38

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2020, 06:32:36 AM »
@Acorn

She was torn between grown up son’s choice of Kobe or children’s choice of Oreo (surprisingly sensible!). She has gone with Kobe...

Personally I think Oreo suits his cuteness but I’ve not met him yet (today!)