The Sewing Place

Monday 26th October

Stitches

Monday 26th October
« on: October 26, 2020, 07:28:46 AM »
Morning ,sunshine. not much happening here same old round of things .
sewing in sunny Norfolk

Ploshkin

Re: Monday 26th October
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 07:47:34 AM »
Its wet and its cold but i can't ignore the fact that it is light so I must venture out and see to dogs, cats, chickens and sheep.
Life's too short for ironing.

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2020, 08:00:22 AM »
Cold and windy... may have to do a little housekeeping today  :faints:

Sandra

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 08:19:59 AM »
A little damp out but the sky seems fairly bright. There's definitely some blue up there.

Woke up too early. I'm going to need a few days to get my body clock working properly.
Not sure what I'll be doing today. No work.  >< I'll find something useful to do.

Popped outside yesterday and noticed something move in a half-full tub trug of rainwater. Scooped him out in a jug.

He wasn't able to climb out without help. I've no idea how long he must have been in there.
Love frogs.  :)
Makes you wonder how often frogs are in the garden. I think this is only the third one I've spotted in 22 years.

Daughter trimmed a couple of inches off my hair last night. It feels so much better. She even blow dried it for me too. She did better this time than the last time she cut it. When she cut it last time I could see her face like this  :S behind me in the mirror as she was checking how straight it was.  0_0

Ooooh....the sky's just got a bit more blue from where I'm sitting.

Sandra.
xxx

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2020, 08:31:05 AM »
Sunny, wafty, and, ooh, only 5°C - I thought it was cold in the night.

The dogs haven't yet worked out the clock change, so had to be let out at 7am this morning, but then t'Other Half came back to bed, but only for half an hour or so before one of them decided she needed her breakfast, so we're up a bit early.

Still got a hurty tummy, but no rushing to the toilet - yet... 

Sewingsue

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2020, 08:58:01 AM »
Clouds with bits of sun, but the wind has dropped.
WM on and a walk to the local shop planned.
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2020, 09:02:20 AM »
Today is the day!!!

After being told by my consultant that I could switch to the new treatment ... immediately ... on the 28th September My new drugs are being delivered between 9.45 and 11.45 am   :dance:

Then .. apparently .. I have to wait ... yes, W A I T for a nurse to call me and tell me when she will be coming round to SHOW me how to inject the drugs into myself ???!!! Really ??? If its more than one day they can go whistle, Im not waiting with this insane condition a day longer ... AND it can take up to 3 weeks to work properly!!!!!

REALLY??!!!

Ummm I think I ought to be posting this in the rant thread ... Ooops!

Looks beautiful but cold out there today but I really must get out and get some supplies in, the house is empty of most everything but cat food :( 

While Im out I might pop into the local injuries clinic at our lil cottage hop as my ribs continue to hurt and Im beginning to wonder whether Ive done myself slightly more of an injury than I thought  :S

Have good days peeps x
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Flobear

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 09:05:53 AM »
Morning folks.
We have some sun. Not sure what I'll be doing yet, just going with the Flo, I expect.
@Sandra , that's quite a knobbly frog - could it be a toad?  At least it can swim, whichever it is. I managed to inadvertently drown two stag beetles earlier in the year in pots that had accumulated water in the bottom  :(

eta Glad to hear the meds are finally to put in an appearance, Imi. And yes, good idea to a) eat and b) get sore ribs checked out.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 09:07:47 AM by Flobear »
Dogs are such a help when dressmaking!

Silver Rose

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2020, 09:07:07 AM »
Morning, lovely sunshine this morning but it is only 12C at the moment. Not much planned for today, I've still got s touch of sciatica left over from yesterday. Boots will be delivering today. I froze half of the soup I made yesterday but have some for today.
Have a good day.
Still learning

Greybird

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2020, 09:14:22 AM »
Good morning! Yes, I thought it was a toad too @Sandra . The test is to watch it move. Frogs hop and toads walk. Either way, it will eat loads of slugs and snails.

Daughter-in-law and grandchildren were supposed to be coming today, but she and my grandson have developed coughs and they are going to get tested. The Isle of Wight is supposed to be low risk. Worried about them and very disappointed. We haven't seen them since Mum's funeral. Now it looks like being Christmas.

Happy Monday!

Lyn-J

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2020, 09:17:06 AM »
Finally getting a break from making dolls' clothes, so fiddly!
Today I'm starting on my UFOs and then sewing for me.

Sandra

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2020, 09:32:08 AM »
Aaah....a toad?
Proper townie here. Never gave it a thought and I didn't see it as it left the jug so I don't know if it walked or hopped.
I'm pleased it visited me, whatever it was.  :)

Sandra.
xxx

Pearl

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2020, 09:46:46 AM »
Good morning.

DS2 started his new job this morning.  Temporary until Christmas but at least it’s something.  Lockdown came at the wrong time for him and he’s been directionless ever since.

I’m supposed to be sewing today but am not in the mood.  Maybe a bit of hand quilting of BOM.

Take care, everyone.

LeilaMay

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2020, 09:47:57 AM »

While Im out I might pop into the local injuries clinic at our lil cottage hop as my ribs continue to hurt and Im beginning to wonder whether Ive done myself slightly more of an injury than I thought  :S

Have good days peeps x

Cracked rib possibly - falling on the hard unyielding surfaces of a bathroom make that seem possible  :(
Not much that can be done except don't laugh or sneeze, and be kind to yourself   :hug:

BrendaP

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2020, 09:59:08 AM »
Blue sky here, I wonder how long that will last :S

My plan for today is to wash down all the paintwork in the lounge before repainting.  I also want to get the curtains cleaned - 4 curtains each double widths, floor length and lined so a bit much for the washing machine.  Trouble is it will mean a couple of days without curtains and I don't like that, especially with the dark evenings which means lights on all evening.

@Sandra it looked like a toad to me.  All the frogs we have are much more green coloured.  We get hundreds of little ones (we have a big pond in the gardden) but only a few grow to a decent size.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.