The Sewing Place

Last Wednesday in October

Iminei

Last Wednesday in October
« on: October 28, 2020, 07:27:45 AM »
Nobody up yet????

Ive been up for hours ... c'mon you guys!!!  I know its awful trying to stir yourself when its dark and cold and wet but Im lonely here, rattling around in this big old forum all on my own...

Hie thee over to the Sewalong thread and give me some advice on the binding for the Requilt wont you guys I need to get a wiggle on and get it finished ... Times nearly up!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 08:13:30 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ploshkin

Re: Last Wednesday in October
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 07:34:43 AM »
I'm here, been up a while.  I'm just heading out and for once it's not raining.
Life's too short for ironing.

Silver Rose

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 08:03:41 AM »
I've been up for an hour or so and the sun is shining but it Is a chilly 8C outside. Hair cut at 2pm but not much else planned. Have a good day.
Still learning

Stitches

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 08:27:12 AM »
Morning been up since 6ish ,sunny here washing on ,waiting for carer to come.
sewing in sunny Norfolk

Puzzler

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 08:30:51 AM »
Been up for nearly 2 hours and mustering the courage to get out of my bed and start my day. Not much incentive but will need to get on with things. 

Efemera

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 08:34:38 AM »
I’m up....may unpack the new machine . DD has just texted... her Covid test was negative thank goodness, she has health issues.

Sheilago

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 08:49:15 AM »
Just up and dressed. Best sleep I’ve had in a week. A fairly nice morning here- hopefully the poor dog will be walked today: she was quite neglected yesterday, so we’ll take her somewhere nice. Spending a lot of time sorting through old photos to make a slide show of my mother’s life. It’s quite therapeutic . I hope I’ll get the slide show finished today.

twopence

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 09:03:23 AM »
Up early for me as I have to be at the bank to arrange for half a million to be transferred into investments.  Shame it’s not my account or my investments but it feels good being one signatory on a cheque of that size.

I’d better do my walk before lunch as there’s rain due later.  Yesterday it was getting dark when I went out.

I’ll change the clock on my car when I go out but not sure what else will get done today.

Have good days everyone.

Flobear

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 09:09:55 AM »
I was up at 4.45 am when Pepper dog started banging on the bedroom door and seemed to want to go out in the garden. He disappeared for 5 minutes - which seems like half an hour when it's the middle of the night and I'm shivering in my jim-jams - and I had to don a coat and boots and go out and find him  :(

When I went back to bed he started banging on the door again so I had to carry him to his bed and then put a barrier in the way of our bedroom door. He's been really unsettled lately. I think he's picking up on our mood which is, at times, somewhat agitated due to all the house-moving business.

No special plans for today though I might venture to the tip with my trailer after an attempt to start clearing the garage. I estimate we've done about a thirtieth of it  :faints:

Have good days, whatever you're up to, folks.

Dogs are such a help when dressmaking!

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 09:14:10 AM »
Almost sunny, but still wafty, 7°C.

Sorry, @Iminei, I'm not getting up that early!

We may take the dogs for a scamper on the beach this afternoon, will try a bit that's a bit out of town so hopefully no-on else there.

Sheilago

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2020, 09:17:51 AM »
Oh I sympathise @Flobear ! Moving house is such a lot of work and it does unsettle pets. I suppose they just can’t understand.. My daughter moves on Friday and is 35 weeks pregnant. Her little dog is very clingy.  So difficult with the current regulations to get help from anyone with all the packing.
I’m just helping her by looking after my 2 year old granddaughter, though I’m also trying to organise my Mum’s funeral for next week.

Acorn

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2020, 09:41:23 AM »
@Flobear When we last moved we had just 30 days between offer accepted and completion - 3 days between exchange and completion - and Mr Acorn was trying to finish his PhD, so I di at least 85% of the packing.  And we have a LOT of stuff (two large lorry loads).  I drew the line at the garage, and we had the removal men pack it all for us (apart from my stained glass supplies).  They were remarkably cheap - presumably because they wanted the rest of the job!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

b15erk

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2020, 09:42:28 AM »
Morning all. Bright and sunny here - for now.

Had the best nights sleep for a good while last night, but since I came down, I've had a massive coughing fit which has worn me out.  I finished the latest antibiotics yesterday, so maybe I need more.

Work to do before I do any fun things.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

BrendaP

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2020, 09:53:10 AM »
Today I'll do a bit more painting of woodwork - the plan is to do it in sections because it's so disruptive, mantlepiece and a couple of doors yesterday; around the stairs and another door today but it will mean evicting George :woof: as his bed usually lives under the stairs. :S  That bit of wall also needs yet another coat of emulsion.

After that I might do a bit more to the Hadron Collider project or I might press on with the Christmas knitting., but first I need to get anothr load of washing into the machine.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Gernella

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2020, 09:57:23 AM »
I’m up....may unpack the new machine . DD has just texted... her Covid test was negative thank goodness, she has health issues.

May unpack, @Efemera if that had been me it would have been open by the time the driver got to the end of the drive and upstairs by the time he'd gone 5 miles.

Anyway bright and sunny and yet again I have lost my reading glasses.  Thought I put them on the cat's barrel in the hall when somebody came to the door.  Went back later, not there, got plenty more but I like these they are very light and were very expensive. I had better get my Tiger lenses out, these I have got on were prescription lenses but a bit cockeyed on my nose.

Today is lunch out day so either the pub or a layby, in another life we might have gone to Cleethorpes for fish and chips, I've not seen the sea this year, that's a first.
Stash extension 2020 -28.5 meters
Left at the end of 2019 - 39 meters