The Sewing Place

Last Wednesday in October

Greybird

Re: Last Wednesday in October
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2020, 10:09:50 AM »
Good morning! My Dad's birthday today - he would have been 107. Have just had an email from my daughter-in-law - her Covid test was negative - thank goodness. My grandson wouldn't take the test - he said if she was positive then he would be too - I just hope the opposite holds true.

Not sure what I'm doing today. I do have some sewing on the go but I am having difficulty sustaining any interest in it. I may go for a short walk and then waste the rest of the day. I hope you all have better plans than me.

Lowena

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2020, 10:11:25 AM »
@Iminei I'm never up before 9am  :P
Gardening this morning and this afternoon if it doesn't rain
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Flobear

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2020, 10:17:20 AM »
I shouldn't complain really, @Sheilago and @Acorn .  I don't have anything much to put up with in the scheme of things.  We've known for some time that we're going to move and, in fact, I intend to get a removal firm to do the bulk of the packing. 32 years' worth of accumulated crap items that might come in useful and things long-forgotten is the difficult part.
Dogs are such a help when dressmaking!

justpottering

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2020, 10:23:01 AM »
Morning everyone, cold and windy here and a bit damp on and off

I'm in a meh CBA kind of mood, lots of coulds and shoulds to do but not intending to do any of them, feeling really flat but at the same time my mind racing with all sorts of rubbish seemingly important things, if only I could get them into some kind of order  :thinking:

I spoke to my GP yesterday, told her about work Monday and how I feel like I've been hit by a truck, she immediately said no work for at least three weeks! and gave me a 'fit note' never had one of them before, in best part of 42 years working life!

Have good days all whatever you get up to and stay safe and well.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 10:25:11 AM by justpottering »
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Puzzler

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2020, 11:41:06 AM »
I'm so glad to read that @justpottering. We are not robots on automatic pilot. Take the time to look after yourself and do some things that make you happy, even if it means leaving the dust to settle on your skirting boards, literally and figuratively.

As for packing up and moving house, been there and done that three times in two years.  :faints: Most of my packing boxes were filled with either kitchen stuff or sewing/craft stuff.

Silver Rose

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2020, 11:49:37 AM »
Take care JP and why not do some gentle pottering.
Still learning

WendyW

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2020, 11:52:37 AM »
Only 6:50 a.m. here, which is WAY earlier than I normally get up, but I'm heading out to supervise/watch/consult with the tree people as they clear our building site. This is the first real step toward building our new house, so despite the horribly early rising, I am excited today to see the process finally get started. This is now REAL.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2020, 12:19:25 PM »
Horrible miserable wet dark  day here. 
We went for a short walk round the village this morning.  Just got to the top of the road and the rain started again.   :rolleyes:  Not sure what to do today but I doubt it will be exciting or even interesting. 

Acorn

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2020, 12:24:27 PM »
We've had thunder and hail so far today.  I'm having a useless day.  I just want to be able to plan something normal.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Elnnina

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2020, 12:57:31 PM »
So sorry to read that you are feeling so down, so do do what the Doctor has suggested and spend the next three weeks doing just what you want to do.  Don't feel pressured into doing something, that can wait, just indulge yourself in body and mind.  Perhaps you can have another dabble with your free machine embroidery, what you did last was rather nice, and now you have the opportunity to dabble just as much as you want.  Housework etc. can wait, have a lay in in the mornings, eat and drink just what you fancy, go out for a lovely walk if that is what you think you might like to do, just give your body and mind a chance to come to terms with everything involved lately and hopefully soon you will be a new person.

Bjay

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2020, 13:15:24 PM »
Hiya
A phone call last n ight sent us into overdrive - BIL carers have tested positive. They were with him on Sunday so now he is in isolation. A lot of phone calls last night telling people not to visit and some this morning telling the management of the sheltered accomodation. Unfortunately just as he was making good progress with the physio they have had to stop for 2 weeks.
Someone we know will make sure his freezer is well stocked and his sister will sort out his medication - what a worry!

Nothing else to report, I am yet again attempting to make this patch picture work. I have ordered bird food, looked like a car boot around the feeders this morning

If a doc tells you 3 weeks then 3 weeks it is, It happened to me and it was etended for several more weeks. One of the things was to go for a walk every day - it certainly helped

Hope other TSPers are Ok
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

maliw

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2020, 13:51:55 PM »
I'm cold, we've been out this morning and I got a bit chilled and now I can't get warm. The heating is on and I've had a hot drink but hands are still frozen.
We have had sunshine and showers but at the moment it's sunny, not quite what was predicted.
I must try and get curtains cut out this afternoon but -----------
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

BrendaP

« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2020, 13:53:27 PM »
Oh @Bjay what a worry.

Surely if someone needs carers they need carers and even if the original one tested positive someone else will have to take over, even if they have to wear full PPE.

I've done today's section of the gloss painting and George :woof: is banished to the conservatory.  I need to make a phone call to the bank and then maybe the knitting needles as I'm not really in the mood for making creative decisions.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Celia

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2020, 14:41:20 PM »
Good afternoon everyone, late today but I have been brave and ventured out to a town, had to go to the bank and thought I might pop into a couple of shops

Bank was fine but I then popped into primark,  it felt like a cross between a jumble sale and a free for all.  I found some pyjamas I wanted, went to pay to find a queue at least 15 people long with only 2 tills working, 5 minutes later still waiting the person behind started pushing closer and closer then I noticed their mask was way down below nose >< then
I decide to leave and returned home to complete shopping on line  :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Lowena

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2020, 14:47:56 PM »
Dry, sunny and mild here so I've been gardening and gutter cleaning. Just had a bath and am now going to read for a bit
Triumph of hope over experience :D