The Sewing Place

Gifted acrylic double knit - what should I make?

LeilaMay

Gifted acrylic double knit - what should I make?
« on: October 28, 2020, 14:03:15 PM »
Here's a happy thing - a lot of acrylic double knit, gifted to me via freecycle  :)
What a choice of colours! Now - what should I knit with it?
(There was mre than I thought LOL)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Acorn

Re: Gifted acrylic double knit - what should I make?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2020, 14:09:54 PM »
A rainbow!  You should knit a rainbow.   :thumbsup:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ellabella

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 15:48:27 PM »
I thought of a rainbow before I saw Acorns answer. Lovely colours.

Efemera

LeilaMay

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 17:22:26 PM »

Kenora

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2020, 17:42:45 PM »
Either one of the blankets in the links would work. You're lucky you have such a great selection of colours @LeilaMay . You'll enjoy knitting with your selection - not enough of each to get bored. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

coffeeandcake

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2020, 19:53:54 PM »
What a lovely selection of yarn! I've got a blanket like the one that Efemera linked to on the go. :)

LeilaMay

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 21:01:20 PM »
Thank you all - you've got me past the OMGosh stage and into thinking creatively and practically  :)
I've knitted   blanket in the past, and my daughter had asked for one similar. So I'll be starting soon - she is currently in isolation, awaiting her COVID test result   :(  Making her a blanket - from such a distance - will at least express my love when there's nothing else I can do for now.

BrendaP

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 22:09:47 PM »
A multi coloured blanket would be lovely.

I'm currently making some bobble hats for Christmas stocking fillers.  A 100gm ball is way more than enough for an adult size hat.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Ploshkin

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 09:49:56 AM »
I was also going to suggest a mitred square blanket.  I am awaiting the arrival of some cheap sock yarn because I'll never have enough leftovers as I wanted to have some ongoing knitting.
<3 your new avatar, what a gorgeous quilt.
Life's too short for ironing.

Pearl

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 10:23:56 AM »
I was also going to suggest a mitred square blanket.  I am awaiting the arrival of some cheap sock yarn because I'll never have enough leftovers as I wanted to have some ongoing knitting.

I made one of these for my daughter.  She calls it Mother’s Love.   :loveit:

LeilaMay

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 12:21:47 PM »
Thank you. That is actually the previous knitted blanket - done each square with 3 different colours and the entrelac (?) technique where each is picked up and knitted from the ones before so no seaming  :) Hence why a log-cabin type might be the way I'll go this time, for a change  :)

Thank you all for the suggestions. Barbara you're right, hats or mittens or similar with the left-overs  :)