The Sewing Place

Flippity fish cat toy

UttaRetch

Flippity fish cat toy
« on: October 29, 2020, 17:58:51 PM »
During the ad break, I saw this.  The cats seem to be having a great time.

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Flippity fish cat toy
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 18:07:52 PM »
Some one in one of my facebook groups had given one of those fish to their two standard poodles, it was hilarious.  One was staying well away, and the other kept have a play then running away.

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 18:30:29 PM »
I saw that... DDs cat Arty would just look with distain and walk away :laughing:

Silver Rose

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 07:39:20 AM »
It is very life like, my Cosmo  :meow: would have been scared of it.
Still learning

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 09:39:19 AM »
What happens is a good play then the novelty wears off and it gets dumped.  We have both a bird that chirrups when moved and a mouse that squeaks, which only sound now when we accidentally kick them when walking about.  Cats are such particular beggars.  We have some extra strong fresh catnip, which they have no interest in at all.

I did see the fish on Fishface but decided I might as well buy something for sewing.

This did last a few weeks before interest was lost.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Furry-body-catnip-spider-pipe-cleaner-legs-contains-premium-catnip-/233644012763?hash=item366644b4db
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 09:47:28 AM »
Oh Wow!!
Why when I watched this (all the way through  :[  ) did my thoughts turn to me preparing dinner (yeah Right!) of Fish (Even more Yeah Right!) with HWMNBN around and asking for some help gutting the fish ??????

Hi-Larious!

Brilliant!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ploshkin

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 11:35:51 AM »
Cats don't usually tire of ping pong balls because they disappear under ,/ behind furniture for periods then get rediscovered and batted round again.
My cats are 13 now but neither can resist the end of a bit of string, usually when I am trying to tie something.
Life's too short for ironing.

Goth Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 13:36:21 PM »
Cats don't usually tire of ping pong balls because they disappear under ,/ behind furniture for periods then get rediscovered and batted round again.

So true, completely true.  We had to move the furniture out of our living room a few months ago.  My little Suki was in cat play heaven for a few hours with the number of ping-pong balls she and I found.
There's no workman, whatsoever he be, That may both work well and hastily

sewingj

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 15:53:45 PM »
Just once I let 2 cats alone in a dining room with a ball of wool on the table. When I went back in it was like something out of a cartoon with wool wrapped around absolutely everything!  (They had wandered off by then)

Celia

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 22:51:18 PM »
My cat love socks better than any thing else, she plays for ages with them, hopefully they are not my knitted socks

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2020, 09:19:39 AM »
My socks and my cell phone!  It kept going missing so I'd call it and listen. Kept fishing it out from under the bed.

You should see the chew marks.  ;)

They also all love The Red Dot. *

* laser toy.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.