The Sewing Place

Friday, 30 October

Puzzler

Friday, 30 October
« on: October 30, 2020, 07:01:21 AM »
Morning everyone!

I am sipping my vat of coffee here in my usual haunt wondering how @Stitches manages do get all her h*******k done before 7am. Will I make it to the laundromat to wash my winter duvet? Tune in later for the exciting update. But first, I shall bring in the recycle and food bins once the sanitary engineers have collected the contents.

Hope your days are filled with as many white knuckle thrills as mine.

Flobear

Re: Friday, 30 October
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2020, 07:40:53 AM »
Ooh, @Puzzler, you know how to party, don't you  :laughing:

I'm off to Deepest Darkest Dorset today for a day of things quilty with the Imperfect Perfectionist   ;)

Hope everyone has something nice to look forward to.
Dogs are such a help when dressmaking!

UttaRetch

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2020, 07:54:52 AM »
Morning all.  Food shopping for me and hope to FINALLY finish the dressing gown.
What goes around comes around.

Silver Rose

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2020, 07:59:58 AM »
Morning, cloudy and a bit milder and not raining for a change. Not much excitement here either, must text shopping list to my lovely friend then do some money stuff. Lunch is leftover mushroom and cheese tart with whatever veg is lurking in the fridge. First decision of the day - what to wear? Enjoy your day.
Still learning

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2020, 08:02:00 AM »
Dentist!

LeilaMay

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2020, 08:23:07 AM »
My daughter's covid test is negative - and exhale.

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2020, 08:24:30 AM »
Im sitting here trying to warm up before the first slather of the day :(
Ribs hurting more today, which is a shame as I was convinced I had turned a corner yesterday :(

Still I do have one gleam of hope in my day in the shape of the  lovely Flo who may or may not find herself constructing Novembers BOM tutorial !!!

Right I better get to it!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Pearl

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2020, 08:42:13 AM »
Good morning.

I have achieved one item from my Half Term To Do list - went to Bramble Patch.  I am making some progress with the BOM, but am regretting deciding to hand quilt them. 

Am popping to Hobbycraft later for some thread.  Might sort out the baking ingredients cupboard.  I’m challenging @Puzzler for the most exciting day award.

Have a good day, all.

BrendaP

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2020, 09:15:25 AM »
My exciting activities for the day will be to finish painting the living room paintwork and if I get the phone call today another trip into Strood to collect the curtains from the dry cleaner.  Hopefully by tomorrow evening all corners of the room will be back to normal. 

Hve a good day everyone.

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Ploshkin

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2020, 09:27:50 AM »
It is wetter than ever this morning with more to come.  I've slithered and squelched round the fields this morning and made myself hoarse shouting the dog who had raced off in pursuit of a huge fox that was standing in the road in front of us.  She's a good dog and did come back eventually. 
I'm having a cup of tea now then have another chicken to pluck - I know how to live too  :)

@Celia do you know what you've done?  I've spent the last two days down a rabbit hole of looms, heddles, warps and wefts.  I'm seriously tempted!
Have a good day everyone.
Life's too short for ironing.

Acorn

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2020, 09:46:09 AM »
Well you are going to have the space, @Ploshkin !  I started making soap because our workshop had a kitchen, which clearly needed a purpose!

Today I am making my first Christmas cake - this is a small one for my parents, because they're not going to be able to come to us on the day.  I'm making a Christmas pudding for them as well, and chestnut stuffing, which is a family tradition.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Helen M

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2020, 09:46:52 AM »
Well it's dry for now at least and I hope it stays that way until I can get my Click and Collect order later on.

It's all go next door today, BBC are filming a programme for CBBC in the house! All we know is it stars a puppet. Vans full of cameras and catering stuff.

Got my new curtains hung in the spare room yesterday so I wasn't bone idle!
Stash Busting 2020
Goal: 35 metres
So far: 9 metres

Gernella

« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2020, 09:58:52 AM »
Gloomy looking but has promise.  Mr Morrison on his way, with a stack of bags waiting, he might find that Mr Jekyll might be all sweetness and light but Mrs Hyde is a bugger if she's crossed, those bags are going :devil:

Nothing much to do really other than put the washing in and change  the beds.  We could have a ride to Clumber Park later, that is within our area of containment.

I've been looking at Christmas Trees, we don't buy real ones, I've been trying to find one like the one we have now which is 11 years old, I did find one this year but with one vital thing missing.  Ours has a bottom like the tree of a trunk trunk of a tree and inside something turns round on some coloured plastic, which means that the fibre optics within the 'balls' on it and the branches, changes colour very slowly instead of the mad flashing you get.  I have actually seen one with a warning on this year, if your are prone to having  seizure.   Still, it's not died yet.

A good day to you all.
Stash extension 2020 -28.5 meters
Left at the end of 2019 - 39 meters

Lowena

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2020, 10:02:48 AM »
Cleaning bathrooms and shopping in Sainsbos is as good as it gets here. At least it seems to have stopped raining.
Update: I was wrong, it's still raining!!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 10:14:48 AM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2020, 10:08:48 AM »
Cloudy, dry, and, gosh, 15°C.  I'll maybe not put  a coat on for dog agility this morning.

I'm a bit late here, cos I got sucked down the black hole that is facebook marketplace - but no, nothing I fancy buying.  Or, to be honest, quite a few things I fancied buying, but nothing I'm going to buy.