Flobear

Re: Novembers BOM
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2020, 09:05:14 AM »
Fab-u-lousss @Sandra  :D
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ploshkin

« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2020, 09:51:34 AM »
Oh,  @Sandra that is just stunning and white is definitely a good call.
I like your hanging method.  I never keep that type of hangar but I will see them with different eyes now.
I must say @Iminei that's a really good collection of blocks for a sampler quilt, none of them stands out as not fitting with the others as is often the case with samplers.  I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the quilts.
Life's too short for ironing.

Flobear

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2020, 10:05:53 AM »
Agree that's a good use of those hangers. My other quilt top is fixed to a metre ruler with those little plastic clips that are supposed to be instead of pins. I have picture rails in this house and they're ideal for a job like that. I will miss them when I move!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Lowena

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2020, 10:15:13 AM »
That's gorgeous @Sandra beautiful use of colour
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2020, 10:28:59 AM »
WOWZER WOWZER WOWZER !!!!!!

Whats the Ninth one ??? Did you go off piste you naughty Girl ..  :devil:

Excellent!!!

Do I actually need to put together a finishing tut??? Please speak up if you need one.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2020, 10:48:30 AM »
Gorgeous @Sandra  0_0

I'm halfway through the joining @Iminei - I used the end of your cot quilt tut and found a Youtube video that showed me what I couldn't quite figure out - so I don't need a dedicated tut.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2020, 10:52:24 AM »
I may do one anyhow ...

The tuts came about as a resource for me, so I could remember how to make certain blocks etc so it might be handy ...

and Yes actually I DO want to finish this years BOM properly.

Ive just got to finish handsewing (Sigh!) the horizontal joiing strips down before I can carry on with the tut.

Kenora

« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2020, 10:54:39 AM »
Absolutely stunning @Sandra ! <3 I love Block 9 too but don't recognise it from amongst the BOM's? Fabulous work

My quilt is all finished - just waiting for some decent light to be able to take a photo. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Iminei

« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2020, 10:56:53 AM »
Yes please there is going to be an album!

And of course everyone who finishes a quilt of 9, 12 or 16 blocks receives an Exclusive TSP's Prize Winners Badge or patch!!!

Silver Rose

« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2020, 10:56:56 AM »
Absolutely gorgeous @Sandra, such rich colours.
Still learning

Sandra

« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2020, 11:14:18 AM »
Thanks everyone.
Ah! Yes.   :| The ninth one.  0_0
Was it called Celtic Twist or some such?  :thinking: Anyway, I did it just because I liked it, I had some spare time on my hands, and was curious about how it went together, but liked it enough for it to be included in the final quilt.  :)

The chequerboard and bargello ones looked awful in my mad colour scheme, so I left those out.
I'd have preferred to have a bit more breathing space between the blocks rather than the half inch. Again, it's my bold colours. They're a bit in yer face and might have been less so if there was an inch and half between them.

It's funny isn't it? I thought I'd properly considered what goes where before joining it all together and I've since thought I should have put several in different positions. I'm looking at the lower bottom corner and thinking it should have been turned with the orange side at the outer corner of the quilt and not having the orange so close the the block next to it.

I'm chuffed to have finally learned how to quilt as you go.  :) Thanks again for your lovely comments. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else's now.

Sandra.
xxx

Celia

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2020, 14:59:41 PM »
Sandra that is gorgeous I love the bold colours together

Pearl

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2020, 16:03:16 PM »
Beautiful, as I knew it would be. 

<puts ‘quilt with dark blue background’ on ridiculously long To Do list>

Bjay

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2020, 17:35:06 PM »
@Sandra
I loved you BOM's as they were being produced and now in a quilt with such stunning colours it is stunning

I could do with a  bit of help with the sashing please  -<

Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Iminei

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2020, 18:35:57 PM »
The Tut is coming!

I realise there are first timers out there that need it ... We've seen beautiful quilts from peeps with great experience ... but the tut is coming.

I've joined Four of the columns together and only have the centre join left to do ... Please be patient ... I am very sorry abut the delay and I hope, considering the October I had, you can forgive me.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]