Iminei

Re: Novembers BOM
« Reply #180 on: January 01, 2021, 08:05:17 AM »
Horses for courses ....
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Pearl

« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2021, 09:10:08 AM »
Thanks for the extra time, @Iminei .  I'll be sure to use every  minute of it (mainly looking for the fabric for the joining strips). :*

Lisalou1965

« Reply #182 on: January 02, 2021, 06:29:16 AM »
Dear lot, you guys are wonderful, and your quilts for the BOM are absolutely stunning. Sadly, I didn't make it...life has been complicated at best, with a very fragile business to shore up and the added excitment/stress of hopefullyifnothingfallsthroughthistime...buying the house we have been waiting for, for the past five years. Yes I know that sounds obsessive, and  a long story lies therein. The upshot of it is zero free time, until today. Literally. We usually close over the Christmas school break, but this year had needed to maintain the minimum, so little in the way of rest. This, by the way, is no whinge, and i am not unhappy with the status quo (stressed, massively) but I did think that I needed to explain to you all, why I sorta had to give up and disappear off the threads in October...
I am happy I participated, even if I couldn't finish in the time...sounds pretty weak, one simple quilt over a 12 month period, but life has just played out that way.  Having said that, I have learned a lot, and will continue to do so, as I WILL finish, and when I do, large or small, I will bring it on here for you to see.
If you see me with a seam ripper, now is not a good time

Pearl

« Reply #183 on: January 03, 2021, 18:16:56 PM »
And finally the last block is quilted.  This is not a BOM block but is one that RJR-38 posted about.

It will be assembled as soon as I can find the fabric for the joining strips.

Lowena

« Reply #184 on: January 03, 2021, 18:18:12 PM »
Absolutely love it  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Pearl

« Reply #185 on: January 03, 2021, 19:41:05 PM »
Thanks, @Lowena .  It’s quite different from my usual palette. 

I’m looking at the pic now and thinking, “Should I swap those two?”  I may need to lay them out again.   :thinking:

Bjay

« Reply #186 on: January 20, 2021, 16:00:40 PM »
Oh how lovely to be sewing again.
It took a while to get into the n'swing' but nw the final column is finished and the joining strips are cut and ready to go/

What a difference to the machine. The walking foot feels as if it is gripping and the footplate teeth are doing their job.
Wouldn't mind getting rainbow quilt back -erm -naa!
No slipping tension all lovely and even - can't say same about quilt but I'm not perfect.
Hoping to have it done and dusted by the weekend now  :D
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Iminei

« Reply #187 on: January 22, 2021, 09:28:35 AM »
Cmon @Pearl  and @Bjay  ... Get these done and I'll send you your badges (and labels Ooops!!! Mea Culpa   :| )

Anybody else out there nearing completion????

Pearl

« Reply #188 on: January 22, 2021, 09:40:04 AM »
I’ll get to it as soon as I’ve done my baking.  Watch this space (but don’t hold your breath).

Bjay

« Reply #189 on: January 22, 2021, 10:56:43 AM »
I'm trying. Nearly joined all columns,........

Flobear

« Reply #190 on: January 22, 2021, 12:15:19 PM »
@Bjay  Are we nearly there yet? Are We Nearly There Yet?? ARE WE NEARLY THERE YET???
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Iminei

« Reply #191 on: January 22, 2021, 12:27:42 PM »
@Bjay  Are we nearly there yet? Are we nearly there yet? ARE WE NEARLY THERE YET ???

Iminei

« Reply #192 on: January 22, 2021, 12:49:49 PM »
Mea Culpa ... Elvistoo hasnt come out of the closet yet this year but there is hope ...

So far I have ...

Bjay ... Applique Label .... Bright Green on Strong Yellow ... ??? font  .... Bjay 2020

Pearlipops .... Levi-Label ...  ??? on Cream .... italic font ...  TSP BOM 2020  (one side)  By Pearl (other side)

Is there anyone Ive missed ??? My remembering has been a bit hit and miss ...

@Acorn  ... Did you want one ???

Roll up Roll up for you own personalised 2020 BOM label

Please do let me know !!!

Acorn

« Reply #193 on: January 22, 2021, 12:52:51 PM »
You did mine - it's lovely!   :thumb:
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 08:49:07 AM by Iminei »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Bjay

« Reply #194 on: January 22, 2021, 13:08:34 PM »
I have just spent the last hour and a halfish botchingpatching a major mistake I had not noticed until I came to add the sashing.
Done it now so will continue after lunch when I hope to have CALMED down.

Yes please it was a levi(or was it?) label on bright green, mm- fabric will be sent for it if I could possibly have your address
Strong yellow italic font
If it is ever finished it should match.