The Sewing Place

Transferring files to embroidery machine

Lachica

Transferring files to embroidery machine
« on: November 21, 2020, 21:08:07 PM »
How do you all transfer bought embroidery files to your machine? I have an On-the-go cable for my phone, so I bought some files & plugged the USB connector of my cable into my machine. It isn't recognised, possibly because the Pfaff doesn't like memory sticks bigger than 1 or 2 Gb. Previously I've borrowed DH's laptop to unzip from my email, load into a folder then drag to a USB stick. But that's all old tech. I'm not up for upgrading my Pfaff yet, the wireless enabled Pfaff is about £8k.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Acorn

Re: Transferring files to embroidery machine
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 21:15:58 PM »
I use a 16GB USB stick with my Husqvarna, dragging files just as you describe.  I've never tried anything else.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

fajita

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 21:22:10 PM »
Download onto computer. Send to usb. Plug usb into embroidery machine.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 21:28:55 PM »
I use a USB stick too, I don't think the machines can read anything too big.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 21:29:45 PM »
Always use a USB stick.  Download to Mac then transfer over. 

Lachica

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 23:22:38 PM »
Thanks all :D I'm not being old fashioned then.
Mary

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2020, 08:39:20 AM »
It's the easiest way.  Why make life difficult? :)
My Husqvarnas have the lead as well but more difficult given the position I have it all set up.   We used to have a customer with a husqvarna and her lead didn't seem to work.  Her husband was one of these interfering men who had to know why etc.  She never used it and the machine and computer were in two separate rooms so what difference did it make.  :faints:
You're right about the memory in the sticks.  They prefer the smaller ones.

Iminei

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2020, 08:55:55 AM »
Elvis had a card that you put in its box, plugged into the laptop and sent the embroidery file to, then popped the card into the port in his side ... Elvistoo is much more tech with a USB port and one for the cable that came with him ... Ive never even untied that cable ... just use a USB stick.

What I did find ... free on Faceache was a thingymy that you downloaded which shows you previews of all your embroidery designs on your laptop,... before the only way I could see a design was by plugging the PES thing in ...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 08:59:09 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lachica

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 09:03:22 AM »
@Ohsewsimple it would be much easier for me if I didn't have to negotiate DH's laptop filing system. Or rather, his lack of filing system. When I had my own laptop I had logical-to-me filing. I could find stuff. I open DH's laptop and it's gobbledegook. It's running W10 in classic mode. I have a file on it with folders and am ok once I find it! I know my machine won't accept my phone as memory because the machine runs  FAT32 and/or an early DOS
Mary

Lachica

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 09:11:46 AM »
Ooh, thanks for that @Iminei . Looks useful. I downloaded Wilcom to use as a viewer but it's not as easy as Tajima on the laptop. Before my iPad died I used that, saved screenshots of the order pages.
Mary

Iminei

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2020, 10:07:37 AM »
I dont know where you'd find the thingmy now but you could try going on to Faceache or a Brother embroidery group on FA and google preview thingmy for embroidery files ...

I'll just see if I can find it  ....

I think THIS -R&c[0]=AT3EZmC4n6tHPusIutsZjJ5WLYrZlwbkCjrFoMyng-k1YAWi91Yz8NN6OTN1_OYQLFt8i-uVq1fFHw9_-n3i1QKGKLxKf_JNw4F54hrsDNFoaXTOJIcXDQU3fCHTjHk43HaP5IM6Jkhp-w9nuqJMAOumTdah] is the link ...

If not try THIS ONE  -R&c[0]=AT3EZmC4n6tHPusIutsZjJ5WLYrZlwbkCjrFoMyng-k1YAWi91Yz8NN6OTN1_OYQLFt8i-uVq1fFHw9_-n3i1QKGKLxKf_JNw4F54hrsDNFoaXTOJIcXDQU3fCHTjHk43HaP5IM6Jkhp-w9nuqJMAOumTdah]

Search embroidery organiser for the second site.

I think it was the first link.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 10:18:40 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Kenora

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2020, 10:56:41 AM »
Bit late but I use a 2Gb USB stick like everyone else to transfer files. I also have the embroidery icons but paid for my programme from Embrilliance.  :) Really useful and wouldn't be without it.
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2020, 21:25:48 PM »
I use Embrilliance too as I have a Mac and there aren’t many embroidery programmes available for that.