The Sewing Place

Good news from Minerva

Vezelay

Good news from Minerva
« on: November 10, 2020, 22:22:18 PM »
Yes I know they aren't everyone's favourite online shop but wait - they've just announced that you can now buy all their fabric in 10cm increments. :dance: I'm often put off by stores that only sell by the metre so this is music to my ears. Just spreading the word.

Ohsewsimple

Re: Good news from Minerva
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 22:29:57 PM »
I see they have a new website.  Not had chance to look yet.  But that is great news.  I also hope they put more info about their fabrics.  I don’t like seeing fabric described without knowing the percentage of each fibre.  Really annoys me because I don’t know if I’m going to be able to wear the damn stuff if it’s not all one fibre and I like to know how it’s going to press. 

Efemera

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 11:23:16 AM »
I’m not keen but that is good news.. no more wasting fabric...I may just have to have a look :ninja:

Starryfish

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 13:43:10 PM »
Just had a look at the website, the home page is so full of social media it took me a while to find where the items for sale were! Clue- top left - shop by category.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Helen M

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 14:35:48 PM »
I see some nice fabric made up by folk on Instagram but then find their site annoying so usually give up. :(
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55