The Sewing Place

Brother 950i knitting machine

Ohsewsimple

Re: Brother 950i knitting machine
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2020, 19:11:55 PM »
No @annieeg it is a machine.  Hand knitting can be a problem for mum too! 

Elnnina

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2020, 12:16:58 PM »
Another machine knitting book to look out for in the second hand shops is the Brother Ribber book, I happen to have this one as I picked up some very useful ideas from it even though at the time I did not have a Brother machine, I do now plus its ribber.  Now another lady who was once well known in machine knitting circles is Janet Spink she at one time I believe worked for Brother and certainly attended shows etc. where she demonstrated Brother machines.  Now some when along the line Janet switched from machine knitting to Babylock overlockers and she lives in Norfolk, where I believe she does classes and has produced many books.  Roger I believe once went to her to learn how to sew.  You never know she may still have some of the books that were produced for Brother.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2020, 18:19:53 PM »
I thought I'd better check today that it worked ok with my ribber although there should be no reason for it not to.

First problem was the ribber was too far away from the main bed for the carriages to connect.  I knew I had some instructions for adjusting the gap, but couldn't find them, but I did happen upon a video, which whilst fast forwarding through, I spotted something else, checked, and that was the problem.  Then the needles weren't lined up, but that was fixed easily.

The upshot of today's fiddling is I need a bookcase for all my books and manuals so I can actually find things.  That should arrive tomorrow.  I've since sorted out and separated all the tools too.

@Elnnina I think I may already have that book, I'll know tomorrow when I sort them all out.

Another decision I've made - The Beast has to go!  If anyone wants a Pfaff E6000 for around £200, let me know...