The Sewing Place

I've been having a think and decided on a swap

Gernella

I've been having a think and decided on a swap
« on: November 11, 2020, 13:10:03 PM »
 I've been a bit itchy for a bit now but couldn't push the button because the machine was still alive and well, working fine and it seemed sacrilege to sell just because of an itch.

Anyway this morning I've been eyeing up the  beauty parade, initially just with confirming my original decision, but  then had an idea formed which will satisfy my itch with a new shiny object.

So I've come up with an alternative.  Sell the Bernina Activa 215 and buy a Pfaff Passport 3.  The Bernina is only used in summer and even then sometimes not at all, certainly not this year and I think last year was the year used most of all because of getting the new kitty and he was in the sewing room, which I have generously shared with him ;).

This way I still have a light machine and yet have all the features of my Expression.  Lovely as it is, and I have spent money on it with extra feet, it does not have IDT and although I have bought a walking foot for it and a nice buttonhole foot, it is just not the same.  Also when I have used it, it is so nice to go back to the Expression. So it is going.

This way no matter what happens I have a functioning IDT computer sewing machine.  Also a swap will get by the 'financial regulator'.

What do you think?

Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Lowena

Re: I've been having a think and decided on a swap
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2020, 13:19:16 PM »
Although, personally I can't see myself ever needing more than one machine, or ever needing to upgrade I know that you prolific clothes makers are cut from a different cloth ( pun intended :D )
If you can justify it, go for it. I hope you'll sell quickly and be happy with what you buy  :sew:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2020, 13:19:51 PM »
It’s clear that you aren’t exactly happy with the Bernina and you love your Pfaff.  So I’d say sell it and get what you really want.  Why should you compromise?   If you can afford it go for it! :thumbsup:

Ellabella

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2020, 13:34:00 PM »
Go for it!

Life’s too short to compromise. The present state of the world means we have to take our pleasures where we can.

You will buy what you really want and you are going to give someone else the opportunity to buy a lovely machine. So all in all you are doing a very good thing!

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2020, 13:52:44 PM »
I couldn't have put it better than @Ellabella - we all need a bit of excitement at the moment, and this is quite a modest way of getting some!!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Gernella

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2020, 14:44:04 PM »
Go for it!

Life’s too short to compromise. The present state of the world means we have to take our pleasures where we can.

You will buy what you really want and you are going to give someone else the opportunity to buy a lovely machine. So all in all you are doing a very good thing!

Oh I'm feeling quite saintly now @Ellabella  I can feel my halo shining, I shall start thinking about pictures.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Efemera

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2020, 19:42:00 PM »
Just do it... I got the QE 720 and was going to sell the QE4 but I’ve decided to keep it so I’ll have two decent machines. ( the others are just straight stitch)