The Sewing Place

Pattern Printing Help Please

jintie

Re: Pattern Printing Help Please
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2020, 08:42:13 AM »
I would rather stick needles in my eyes.
Rottweiler with scissors

Acorn

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2020, 08:48:09 AM »
Each to his own.  I feel pretty much the same about flimsy tissue paper patterns!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2020, 18:18:20 PM »
I gave up on printing the patterns at home due to temperamental printers, cost of ink/paper  and now send everything to Fabricate. Free pp over £5, includes fabric and everything. There is also 10% off everything at the moment using code LOCKDOWN2VIP. Can be used as often as you like up to 2/12/20
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

mudcat

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2020, 19:42:34 PM »
For the copy shop versions I use pdfplotting.com in the US. Very reasonable if you order a bunch at a time (fixed cost shipping) and quick turn around.  But not all PDF patterns have that available. I'm only willing to use the PDF if there are only about 20 pages.  It's way too much work otherwise.  Plus it probably is expensive with the ink but I hardly print anything anymore anyway so ink (and now toner) lasts for a long time. 

Acorn

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2020, 20:58:38 PM »
The actual patterns use very little ink - they're just a few lines on each page - but the instructions sometimes use a lot, especially those with colour step by step pictures!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Stitchalot

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2020, 21:40:34 PM »
Decided to give it one more try, and I've done it!!  :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! @Stitchalot  :hug:

Jessie

I would like to take the credit, but I think @StitchinTime deserves it more!!! :rolleyes:

Gernella

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2020, 21:48:53 PM »
I've started using the Avid Seamstress, the paper is just the right weight and she is quite reasonable as well.  Starts at £4.

If I print the instructions out I make sure I only print instructions and nothing else.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included