The Sewing Place

Being my Brothers keeper...

William

Being my Brothers keeper...
« on: November 17, 2020, 12:14:43 PM »
Hello all!

I now, through Ebay; have become the owner of a somewhat used Brother 10Anniversary.

It seems to have an issue with the back side of the stitches showing alot of the thread from the upper side. Not nesting, but 8o% of the understitching was with the upper thread.

After performing a simple cleaning, blowing out and flossing  the upper tension I then removed the lower drop-in bobbin to find that the tension is, due to a small drop of epoxy over the screw, inadjustable.

The cleaning helped, but only a little.

I then changed bobbins and it helped a bit more, but it is still not perfect... The maschine came only with the bobbin that was in at the time it was sent to me - and certainly not the original!

My question --- is the Anniversary 10 unusually sensitive to the type of bobbin used?

Are there any other causes of unequal tension i should check into?

Thanks Muchly,

William David

...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

Ohsewsimple

Re: Being my Brothers keeper...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2020, 12:31:38 PM »
You should only use genuine Brother bobbins.  Any slight variation will throw it all out. 
If there is excess thread showing on the underside  this is usually a problem with the top tension.  Make sure it is set on 4.  However it may be that it is as simple as not being the proper bobbin. 

William

Re: Being my Brothers keeper...
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2020, 18:55:25 PM »
Soooo -

I bought a package of the Brother bobbins, dropped them in and everything AOK!  :dance:

Thanks
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.