The Sewing Place

Quiltessential

Acorn

Quiltessential
« on: November 18, 2020, 10:05:25 AM »
I've just discovered Quiltessential.  They don't have an enormous range of fabrics, but they do have a vast number of Kona Solids* at £2.40 for a FQ, and I placed an order on Sunday and received it on Tuesday with very modest P&P.

The website is fairly basic, but the images are good.  I didn't receive any email notifications of order placed or dispatched, and I don't seem to have been able to set up an account, and there's no Paypal option.  They are a long standing company though, so this is inconvenient rather than worrying.

* They say "We believe that Quiltessential is the only UK retailer to stock all 365 standard colours and to display them in the same sequence as the manufacturer's colour card."  They do have a fantastic range, but there were plenty that were out of stock.

I'm about to place a second order.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lowena

Re: Quiltessential
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 10:40:16 AM »
Wow, thanks @Acorn looks yummy. What a shame they don't do PP, I only buy via PP  :'( I never have a card handy and dislike having to type all my details ( lazy, moi?? ) :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lilian

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 20:01:08 PM »
I know Quiltessential, they are in Cromford Mills, a place I often walk my dog but every time I have been there in the past they are closed. Apparently, they close at weekends and on Mondays and Wednesdays. I have only been in a few times but they do have a large stock, that doesn't seem to show on their website.   :)
Willing but not always able :)

StitchinTime

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 07:09:52 AM »
I used to visit Cromford and Quiltessential when we were in the area, but I thought she had closed the bricks and mortar shop and moved to online only.

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 13:23:52 PM »
Thankyou @Acorn .  I've bookmarked that.  I have a bargello pattern that I want to make if I ever get my sewing space.  It needs 17 fabrics, many of them quite close in colour / shade.
Life's too short for ironing.

CraftyIrish

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 14:02:28 PM »
Really nice fabric but they don't post outside of the uk.
Stitch a long
Instagram sew_web

StitchinTime

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 14:41:12 PM »
@CraftyIrish If you are looking for "local" fabric suppliers, have you come across Just Sew Now?

They are located on the Irish border and use both the Royal Mail and An Post. Like Quiltessential, they stock a range of quilting cottons.