The Sewing Place

Brown!

Efemera

Brown!
« on: November 18, 2020, 12:46:50 PM »
Having gone over to the darkest corner of the darkside I’m looking for brown/ black fabrics.....how hard can it be!...it seems Primitve style fabrics just aren’t popular at the moment.... that’s me, always swimming against the tide!

StitchinTime

Re: Brown!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 13:14:55 PM »
I have some brown fabrics in my stash that a I am unlikely to use again, but I don’t know what you mean by primitive style and if they would count as this. If you are interested, I can dig them out and take some photos.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 13:36:51 PM »
Having gone over to the darkest corner of the darkside I’m looking for brown/ black fabrics.....how hard can it be!...it seems Primitve style fabrics just aren’t popular at the moment.... that’s me, always swimming against the tide!

It would be pretty easy at my house. I have a thing for black & brown fabrics. Not sure if any is Prim. I think much of my Prim is russet/green.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Efemera

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2020, 15:48:14 PM »
I have some brown fabrics in my stash that a I am unlikely to use again, but I don’t know what you mean by primitive style and if they would count as this. If you are interested, I can dig them out and take some photos.

That would be great @StitchinTime

Sandra

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2020, 16:25:32 PM »
I just had a look to see if I had any which might have been suitable for you, but, no...sorry.  :(
I'm sure I had a couple of pieces but I had a bit of a clearout a few months ago and they must have gone then.

Sandra.
xxx

StitchinTime

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 16:38:26 PM »
@Efemera I'll find them this evening and get some photos tomorrow in daylight.

StitchinTime

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 17:12:06 PM »
@Efemera This is what I have that I would count as brown. If anything catches your eye I can take better photos in daylight.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Efemera

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2020, 18:53:19 PM »
The dark brown at the back right looks good if that’s OK..

StitchinTime

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2020, 19:22:53 PM »
@Efemera Here’s a closer photo of that fabric. There is 0.75 m of it. Send me a message with how much (or how little) you want and your details and I’ll get it in the post to you.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

(Just to let you know, that’s a shadow from the iPad, not blotchy fabric.)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2020, 19:27:16 PM by StitchinTime »