The Sewing Place

Hello - was Jacky F but now sticking with Marniesews

Marniesews

Hello - was Jacky F but now sticking with Marniesews
« on: March 02, 2017, 12:14:12 PM »
Having been Marniesews for the intervening weeks since TSF went down, I thought I'd stick with it as I'm known as Marnie by lots of people anyway (named by my granddaughter). Looking forward to lots of dancing talk in the Dancewear section - can't believe I've not actually been there yet!

As always I'm doing this back to front so this isn't my first post but without any UK forum, I was desperate for some local knowledge as soon as I arrived!  :)
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Vegegrow

Re: Hello - was Jacky F but now sticking with Marniesews
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 13:06:03 PM »
Good to see you Marnie/ Jacky
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Roger

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 20:59:09 PM »
Great to see you! Can't wait to pick your mind for dance wear hints and tips!

The overlocker is incoming :)
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 02:26:04 AM »
What sort of dance wear, Roger? Just curious, not really important as most of us share a stretchy leotard base somewhere along the line.

There seemed to be a few more of us doing ballroom & latin just before the TSF crash although the ballet brigade were always the largest single discipline. I fear the B&L numbers are now very low but hopefully that will change. Probably the most knowledgeable in the ballroom is CarolC who's here now  0_0 but there are lots of crossovers with skating, ballet and gymnastics etc.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.