The Sewing Place

Babylock evolve

annieeg

Babylock evolve
« on: November 19, 2020, 17:38:33 PM »
Does anyone know why this might be happening when I'm trying to thread using the air threader for the lower looper? [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

The issue is that the thread seems not to continue thru to.the next section of the looper. 
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 17:53:43 PM by annieeg »

Efemera

Re: Babylock evolve
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 18:11:07 PM »
Are the tubes not connected for the photo?...You have to have the tubes connected...

annieeg

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2020, 18:22:51 PM »
 :scream:
How do I connect the tubes?  (1st time I've had to thread this!,)

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2020, 18:24:37 PM »
Haven't you got the instruction manual?
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Efemera

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2020, 19:03:05 PM »
:scream:
How do I connect the tubes?  (1st time I've had to thread this!,)
Set the machine to threading ...then turn the hand wheel gently towards you and the tubes should snap into place

Ellabella

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2020, 19:04:03 PM »
When you pull down the front flap there is a cylindrical white button.  Push the button whilst turning the hand wheel towards you. After a couple of turns the tubes will connect and you should be good to go. If it still doesn’t work you will probably have fluff in your tubes and will have to pass a thin wire through the threading port to push it out.

Don’t forget to disconnect the tubes after threading by pushing the chrome lever to the right.

Have you got a manual because if you haven’t I have and I could scan it for you.

annieeg

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2020, 19:13:59 PM »
Thanks so much and i do have a manual but it makes no reference to anytubes - all it says is turn handle to machine lock which is what I thought I had done. 
It's a good idea about fluff being trapped and I will try gently cleaning with a wire.

annieeg

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2020, 23:36:24 PM »
Profound thanks fur the reponses.  I managed to set it for threadonf and the tubes did indeed engage  (made me think of torpedoes being loaded in a submarine for firing! 
But all is now up and running :dance: