Ploshkin

Re: Advent Advent-ure
« Reply #90 on: January 15, 2021, 16:52:46 PM »
That's going to be one helluva quilt!
Life's too short for ironing.

Iminei

« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2021, 16:39:26 PM »
Been outline quilting to stabilise the three sections all day ... DONE!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Next stop Decorative quilting hopefully with Metallic thread if they behave themselves!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Iminei

« Reply #92 on: February 04, 2021, 15:49:14 PM »
Darkside Goddesses I need your help!

Iv'e come to the point of quilting the AA ... the background is black, the blocks, Red, Green, White and Grey .... the colours of Christmas!

I didnt really want a black background but as so much was needed I was concerned about matching up a batik if I ran out ... black is much easier ... and Yes, I did, as usual, run out. (BTW, Zelda so overestimated the Background fabric requirement even tho' I not following the pattern exactly.)

Ive thrown my variegateds at it ... none look right, I wanted to try a dark metallic but it wouldnt play nice so I quilted one block with black ...

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  Difficult to show but there you go.

This is a problem because despite having an Ottlite and a supposed Daylight light I really cant see what Im doing ... terrible strain on the eyes and my soul ... So has anyone any other ideas of what to quilt it with ???

BrendaP

« Reply #93 on: February 04, 2021, 16:07:02 PM »
@Iminei
White?
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Bjay

« Reply #94 on: February 04, 2021, 16:12:53 PM »
@Iminei luscious green to match the emerald in the quilt - not as stark as red or white

Mind you I'm a great fan of green
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Lowena

« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2021, 16:16:55 PM »
Pale grey
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Deafoldbat

« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2021, 18:57:31 PM »
@Iminei Have a look at YLI variegated 'Festival'

Iminei

« Reply #97 on: February 04, 2021, 19:39:16 PM »
OOOh Nice,

I have Jewel, Primarys, Harvest, Great Barrier Reef, Pyramids of Giza, Pastels, Amazon Rainforest  etc etc but not that one ...

RJR_38

« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2021, 21:28:04 PM »
Having just looked at Deafoldbat’s suggestion I would go with that. Otherwise it would have to be grey for me if you really can’t do the black (which looks amazing!)

Iminei

« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2021, 08:45:44 AM »
Anyone know when I can find the Festival thread ??? That doesnt cost £42.00 !!!!!!

Acorn

« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2021, 09:46:33 AM »
I got my YLI Pastels from Calico Kate - I don't know what she has in stock, and it will be £9 +£4 postage, but you'll probably get it the next day.

She doesn't have an online shop, but you email or phone to check and then pay by card over the phone.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2021, 08:59:44 AM »
Thanks Darling but in the end I went with a strong Christmassy Red and Green to quilt the blocks with ... that and putting my big girl pants and table lights (which profess to be daylight ... yeah right!) on and carrying on with the black.

Iminei

« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2022, 09:01:47 AM »
And Im starting again ... Well finishing this quilt this year.

This will be hanging in my hall on 1st December!!!!!

Iminei

« Reply #103 on: December 28, 2022, 08:49:42 AM »
I thought I had updated this but apparently not ... after my confident proclamation of October 12th ..

I then procrastinated for the next 6 weeks and started in earnest on the 29th November !! (nothing like a deadline  :rolleyes:  ) and although it wasnt actually hanging on the wall on the 1st ... I needed help to achieve that  ... it was finished !!1

Heres a couple of (truly awful, but what can you do in a narrow hallway???) pics

and the binding (which I totally overestimated) ...

Celia

« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2022, 09:37:13 AM »
That looks great but I am sure you did update this, maybe I saw it in a different thread.