The Sewing Place

Schmetz needles

So Chic

Schmetz needles
« on: November 25, 2020, 13:59:15 PM »
I can recommend The Ironing Press Company as I placed an order for needles Sunday evening not expecting to receive them until Thursday or Friday this week but they arrived yesterday and no postage charges.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Mr Twingo

Re: Schmetz needles
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 14:32:53 PM »
Good prices, too, on both domestic and industrial needles. Thanks for the heads up.

Nevis5

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 14:36:19 PM »
Ooh thanks, @So Chic  !  It's always good to know of reliable suppliers and I'm in need of some more needles...

Kad

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 15:20:04 PM »
I recently placed an order for a box (matchbox sized ) of 100 universal needles and a packet of 5 microtex needles from them. As Sochic says, prices were good and delivery was fast but in two separate packages  :facepalm:
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Ellabella

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 15:51:39 PM »
I’ve used the Ironing Press Company a few times. Their prices are good and the delivery has been fine.

Buying Schmetz needles in boxes of 100 is a big outlay but makes them reasonably priced, much better than buying cheap c**p.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 17:26:27 PM by Ellabella »

Mr Twingo

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 16:25:30 PM »
Much better than buying cheap c**p.

I made the mistake of buying some cheaper needles not too long ago. Every single one was useless. IN the ones that did have an eye, the inside edges were rough, slicing through the thread within a matter of two to three stitches.

Save yourself the bother, and just buy quality needles.

Marniesews

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 19:35:12 PM »
They're a good option. They have a pretty good range and despite the individual prices being higher they'll often work out cheaper due to the better delivery.

Worth bearing in mind though if you're buying a few packets that Jaycotts may be cheaper overall and then I always find something in their haberdashery...which may prove more expensive again, uh-oh! 
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.