Especially for Iminei, pj trousers!
« on: November 27, 2020, 09:07:50 AM »
There's a Craftsy class especially for you, @Iminei

Learn to sew pj bottoms linky

Iminei

Re: Especially for Iminei, pj trousers!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2020, 09:18:09 AM »
Thank you bodge

But WTF  :scream: have they done to Craftsy ??????

The whole format STINKS!

Great Big Banners over the top and bottom of the screen
Pop ups Popping up every five seconds!!!
and 29.99 for a PJ bottoms class ... I dont bloody think so!

Farewell Craftsy ... you were Great ... Once!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2020, 09:35:54 AM »
To be honest, I didn't look at the price!! 
I signed up a few weeks ago when they did the pay £5 for a year, but I must remember to cancel the renewal!  I've never found anything interesting on there.

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2020, 09:40:34 AM »
Craftsy has had lots of issues I think over several months, and is not as we used to know it...  Ravelry had a change of ownership/management and that has also changed enormously.

£29.99 is a lot for an online course, maybe look for a sew-a-long , or a Youtube tutorial - they really are very easy.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Iminei

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2020, 09:47:11 AM »
Im sure PJ bots are not very hard ... its not like they have to fit particularly well ...

Its more the amount of fabric you have to use for clothing and the different types etc ... Its a whole new world.

Acorn

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2020, 09:59:33 AM »
You could definitely make them out of quilting fabric.  That would be a very good place to start since you are very familiar with sewing the stuff!
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Sandra

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2020, 10:22:16 AM »
I've been asked to make a couple of pairs of pj bottoms for two kids, ages 4 and 6.

Actually, I've been asked to finish off making them for someone who can't sew but was having lessons from someone who thinks she can sew well enough to charge for her lessonsI'm not sure if she knows exactly what she's doing.

All this talk of finding good, soft cotton with nice prints. Had to show you this.
Just look at the fabric.  :)

Isn't it lovely?  0_0
Brushed cotton. There's lots of nice stuff out there Imi. Hope you decide to give it a try.

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2020, 10:31:02 AM »
Thats Gorgeous @Sandra ... can you tell me where its from ???

@Acorn  ...  :o  £££££   :faints:

b15erk

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2020, 10:33:40 AM »
I'm sure you have either an old duvet, or some sheets which are past their best - if not charity shops are full of them!

Even supermarket duvets are sometimes sold off very cheaply, far cheaper than yardage if you get them discounted.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Sandra

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2020, 10:38:46 AM »
It's fabulous isn't it?
Lady said she can't get any more. She started to try to make these probably up to a year? ago. There's only enough here for me to make the two pairs of pj bottoms.

A quick search shows it's out of stock.  :(

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2020, 10:56:25 AM »
No probs Sandra ... Thats a thought B15erk ... but dont they tend to be polycotton??

I quite like brushed cotton ... In fact theres an upmarket homestyle shop in BF that (used to) sell PJs for kids with fabulous Retro fabrics ... you know Michael Miller type cowboys and Indians, Space rockets etc obvs not in my size or shape :(

Why should the (posh £££) kids have all the fun ??! Stomps off!

Celia

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2020, 11:14:55 AM »
https://youtu.be/xAoWtuwFThs   Might be worth a try Imi, we are all here to help to, just choose some fabric

Sandra

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2020, 12:20:57 PM »
She's just phoned me with some measurements I'd asked for. Said she got the fabric off Birmingham market.

Sandra.
xxx

Pearl

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2020, 13:20:56 PM »
How about a TSP pyjama bottoms sew along?  I’d definitely join up.

Ellabella

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2020, 13:32:41 PM »
I’ve got a couple of brushed cotton duvet covers that I no longer use, pj pants would be a great use for them :thinking: :thinking: