The Sewing Place

Door Hanging

maliw

Re: Door Hanging
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2017, 19:55:07 PM »
What a great idea and really fresh looking.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Gernella

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2017, 09:59:07 AM »
Love these, so different.  Like the doors as well.  Unfortunately in our house if it aint broke it stays where it is. :(
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Barcoded

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2017, 20:57:32 PM »
Thank you for sharing, it's a fab idea :thread:
I think I have joined the 201 club

Acorn

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2019, 20:45:06 PM »
I have done the other side!!!

Sorry for the bad photo, but I had to stand to one side to stop the reflections from the window opposite.  The jugs are definitely centered on the panes, although you can't see that properly because of the angles.

This means that I can block off the dining room from the kitchen, so that people can't see that I've taken it over with sewing machines and piles of fabric.   ;)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Now I have to paint the doors cream...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 20:47:44 PM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2019, 07:06:55 AM »
We can see that they are centred @Acorn ... we understand perspective and I think they are lovely! Simples !

Personally I like the doors as they are in their original wood but you must slave over them with the eggshell as you wish.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

snoozi soozi

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2019, 09:26:06 AM »
They look lovely, what a great idea. I agree painting the doors cream will improve them looks-wise, it would freshen them up and look more modern if that's what you're after
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

b15erk

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2019, 09:27:34 AM »
Great idea Acorn, they look lovely!  Like you, I like my doors painted - I just don't like painting them!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

wrenkins

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2019, 09:52:07 AM »
I have cream doors.  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x
If your doors are solid wood please think twice about painting them. Someone decided to freshen up my house ready for sale!   :'(
Nineteen big slabs of ugliness and I can't find it in my heart to throw solid wood doors in the skip nor can I find it in my energy banks to strip and paint them.  :(

Nice jugs!   ;)  0_0
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 09:53:41 AM by wrenkins »
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Acorn

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2019, 12:31:31 PM »
Ooh-err, thanks @wrenkins!

The doors are solid wood, but they're this cheap, reddish wood that really isn't nice.  The photo makes the wood look a much nicer colour.  If they were pine or oak, or any other proper wood I would love them and leave them uncovered.  I've painted one set (sitting room to hall), and they are much, much better.  The rest of our doors (ie the non-glazed ones) are painted ones with a fake woodgrain effect moulded into the surface.  I hate them, but at least they are panelled.

RJR_38

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2019, 22:20:34 PM »
I have cream doors.  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x
If your doors are solid wood please think twice about painting them. Someone decided to freshen up my house ready for sale!   :'(
Nineteen big slabs of ugliness and I can't find it in my heart to throw solid wood doors in the skip nor can I find it in my energy banks to strip and paint them.  :(

Nice jugs!   ;)  0_0

Do you know you can pay people to basically dip your doors in chemicals and strip them? We had it done at work for approx £20 per door. I know it adds up when yo have a lot of doors but different companies might have different deals? They come and collect them, deliver them back and they come out amazingly well.

wrenkins

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2019, 22:43:35 PM »
Don't think I haven't considered that @RJR_38:[
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Barcoded

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2019, 09:08:19 AM »
Thanks for sharing, it’s amazing work!

But more importantly is that a Pfaff expressions 2038 in the background?
I think I have joined the 201 club

Acorn

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2019, 09:41:00 AM »
No, that's my Husqvarna Viking Topaz 25 (so it is a relative!)  I do have a Pfaff Classicstyle 2025 as well, but it's upstairs.