The Sewing Place

Any tips on "We Print Your Design on Fabric"?

Acorn

Re: Any tips on "We Print Your Design on Fabric"?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2021, 10:35:13 AM »
Have you tried Etsy, @Iminei - no outlay unless you sell something, but you will be found on searches and they do their own promotion.  I have a theoretical Etsy shop.  I do actually have it, but it's theoretical because I've never put anything into it!

Edited to add that my shop is actually Folksy, which is like Etsy but largely British and not as successful - but I prefer it!  I would think that a similar process for setting up a shop applies to Etsy.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 10:37:25 AM by Acorn »
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Iminei

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2021, 10:37:57 AM »
As you well know Acorn Im not very good at the tech and setting up ...

what you see on the Numonday site took me about a week to get sorted.
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 10:47:32 AM »
I've just taken a look at my empty shop and it's not as free as I thought!  You can list three items for nothing a month, then it's 15p +VAT per item.  For £5 a month you can have unlimited free listings and your items can be featured - whatever that means!

A quick look says that Etsy's pretty similar - no free listings, but 15p for a listing that lasts 4 months.

I have no doubt whatsoever that you could do it @Iminei !  (Where's that stern-look-over-the-glasses smiley?)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

BrendaP

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2021, 11:28:33 AM »

Whereas the other posts received likes, and OOhs and Ahhhs  and How Much is that? (doggy in the window) and can I buy this? My posts didnt even garner a thumbs up let alone a comment...

@Iminei
How do you know that all those OOhs and Ahhhs are genuine and not posted by friends and family, or even the seller herself using different email addresses?
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Iminei

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2021, 16:52:00 PM »
Because Im a gullible eejit ??? (Ah @wrenkins ... Where are you when we need you ??) and I tend to believe what people say !  :S
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2021, 20:00:31 PM »
Because Im a gullible eejit ??? (Ah @wrenkins ... Where are you when we need you ??) and I tend to believe what people say !  :S

Oh Darling @Iminei , people, bless them, lie through their teeth online. You can't take most of what you read as factual. It's all in the spin.

I assumed that's why we all like to see photos of projects and such. Documentation don't you know. :thumbsup:
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.