The Sewing Place

Hi from Hong Kong

Iminei

Re: Hi from Hong Kong
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2017, 06:50:24 AM »
Hello and welcome...

trained as a tailor, became a master tailor and later trained tailors. I worked in the fashion industry for 20+ years,
Could you teach me to sew please???
Im entering into the Jap sewathon and I dearly need help
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Manuela

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2017, 07:09:14 AM »
Could you teach me to sew please???
No problem, just move to Hong Kong over the summer.  0_0
Seriously, I'm doing a 'sew your own clothes' summer camp at school. Would be a shame to let all those resources we have there laying dormant during the break.

Snowgoose

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2017, 10:10:37 AM »

Ditto!!!  :)

b15erk

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2017, 10:30:04 AM »
A big welcome from me too Manuela!  Look forward to seeing some of your projects!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Manuela

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2017, 11:14:30 AM »
Thank you everbody for the welcome  :toast:

B15erk, here is my Singer 338K (Isabella) waving at the beauty in your profile picture  :D

I'm more than happy to post projects, is there any specific area, or should I do that in project related threads?

Lowena

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2017, 13:06:22 PM »
Hello from me  :)
Triumph of hope over experience :D

b15erk

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2017, 13:22:40 PM »
Manuela I have quite a few Singers, and they are without doubt excellent sewing machines.  I'm talking here about the pre-computerised ones of course. ;)  I have a Singer 328k which is very similar to the one in your pic.

The 611g was the last one I bought, and I'm still fascinated by her!

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Manuela

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2017, 14:00:16 PM »
Meet my little champ Bella a Singer 222K, she is quilting 4 yards of perforated denim onto 4 yards of lace here....

Bella, my cute little Featherweight, lives now in Thailand and quilts like a champ

My boss thought she does me a favour when she gave me a computerised Bernina for personal use at work. I just can't get on with that machine, give me mechanical one - preferably a vintage Singer - any time.
I still have to see buttonholes that are as beautiful or better than the ones my Singer buttonholers makes...

b15erk

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2017, 14:06:44 PM »
I love your little 222k!  It's one I haven't got, but would dearly love.  I have machine envy!!

I have a computerised machine, a Pfaff 1475cd from new (so 30+ yrs old).  The rest of my machines are oldies, rescues, donations or bargains, and I love them.

Jessie

maliw

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2017, 17:07:48 PM »
Hello and welcome from me too, sorry I missed the start of this. hope you like our playground :snip: :vintage:
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Surest1tch

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2017, 12:39:40 PM »
Hello and welcome from Yorkshire.